Bluesky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerri 090308

Reaction score
I painted these Tuesday night using bluesky. What have I done wrong? X

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 130
I painted these Tuesday night using bluesky. What have I done wrong? X
Used Bluesky *covers eyes and runs away*

Sorry I just really dislike the brand! Are you qualified?

What did you use for the extension?

I really want to see the pic but I need to clear my cache first as its showing an older pic and I don't want to loose the thread lol

Oh ok I've seen them now

What steps did you take?

Used Bluesky *covers eyes and runs away*

Sorry I just really dislike the brand! Are you qualified?
I brought bluesky as that's what my friend used on me. I only rarely had my nails done. I've since realised its not a great product!
I am trained in Gellux only this week so in the process of buying new products but am trying to use up the ones I have already. After this I feel like binning them x

Just at a quick glance....It's way too thick & quite far away from the cuticle too! But just a heads up bluesky isn't a pro-brand, also if your not a professional we won't be able to help or advise you on what you've done wrong in the steps of your application.

What steps did you take?
I cleansed the nail used the base coat cured layer of colour cured second layer of colour cures then the top coat x

Just at a quick glance....It's way too thick & quite far away from the cuticle too! But just a heads up bluesky isn't a pro-brand, also if your not a professional we won't be able to help or advise you on what you've done wrong in the steps of your application.
Thankyou for replying I attended a Gellux course this week but the teacher didn't really help with application she went through the steps and said I needed to go closer but didn't actually show me. I am booked onto a manicure and pedicure course next week hoping that will help me more x

Good for you on taking a course.

A guess based on the pictures is that you were not getting full, complete and correct cure of your product.

This is most commonly from not using a lamp that the product was designed to cure with (this is super important, a common source of breakdown and regularly ignored).

Another reason for this could be because the product was applied too thick. The thicker the application, the harder it is for UV light to cure the colour (LED/UV lamps both product the UV light that is required for cure). So... apply thinner.

Finally... I would suggest using a product dedicated to the professional. By the looks of it, sounds like you are now.

Hope this helps!

Good for you on taking a course.

A guess based on the pictures is that you were not getting full, complete and correct cure of your product.

This is most commonly from not using a lamp that the product was designed to cure with (this is super important, a common source of breakdown and regularly ignored).

Another reason for this could be because the product was applied too thick. The thicker the application, the harder it is for UV light to cure the colour (LED/UV lamps both product the UV light that is required for cure). So... apply thinner.

Finally... I would suggest using a product dedicated to the professional. By the looks of it, sounds like you are now.

Hope this helps!
Thankyou for your help. I'm using a mylee lamp on the uv setting which is 2 mins I tried the led setting on myself for 90 secs but could feel a burning sensation so just using the uv on others.
I'm ordering a Gellux lamp and all Gellux products from now on. Just wish I had researched before buying all this stuff x

Thankyou for your help. I'm using a mylee lamp on the uv setting which is 2 mins I tried the led setting on myself for 90 secs but could feel a burning sensation so just using the uv on others.
I'm ordering a Gellux lamp and all Gellux products from now on. Just wish I had researched before buying all this stuff x

Doesn't matter (well on the overall scale of things). You've done a course, now you're getting the related products, it's all good!! [emoji2]

I think your earlier comment about binning it all is probably a good idea :D
Once you have your proper colours with the matching lamp you'll find things should improve hugely.

Last edited:
Set your bar high..
Start off with the best products and never look back [emoji12]

I think I dream about bluesky on a regular basis it must be where I look at my phone just before I fall asleep

Thankyou for replying I attended a Gellux course this week but the teacher didn't really help with application she went through the steps and said I needed to go closer but didn't actually show me. I am booked onto a manicure and pedicure course next week hoping that will help me more x

It's such a shame for you that you booked on a course, with a reputable brand & didn't get the best out of it! I would maybe try & contact someone higher up the chain & say you weren't that happy with the quality of the teaching, they may offer you another course! Worth a try me thinks! X

I use bluesky and have no issues at all. Make sure your colour layers aren't too thick. That's rubbish that your course wasn't as good as it could have been. I would def complain xxx

I use bluesky too and like it o_O

Thin layers and make sure you cap the end of the nail

I'd say to the OP, do a search on here on bluesky and read up on the overall professional opinion of this non-professional brand before deciding whether you want them to be your product line of choice for your business x

Latest posts

Back