Bob disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clareh

Level 3 hairdresser, nail and brow tech
Reaction score
Newly qualified. Sister wanted a bob same length. Discussed length etc. Cut from the bone at the base of her neck round. She has thick slightly wavy hair. It's now very blunt and looks a lot shorter than she expected, I think due to her hair type? I thinned underneath a little, cut layers at a low grad. Her hair doesn't take kindly to lots of layering so what can I do? X help!

Help! We're twins and she's still definitely capable of giving me a dead leg... or a Chinese burn.. or severe sulking. From experience I know she has a full repertoire and I'm seeing her today

You can't cut hair longer so...maybe focus on styling it differently to show her some options but don't pick up your scissors. Persuade her to let it grow for a bit.

Another option would be a peek a boo pop of vibrant colour under the fringe or on one side on a diagonal section.

Have u got a picture Hun?

IMG_3144.JPG

I literally cut the perimeter then she wanted to see it, said it was too short. I coaxed her to let me thin out the back and did very low graduated layers but it needs interior thinning (under the occipital bone where it holds most of the volume and the blunt edges to be blended. She now wants me to graduate it at the back but I would prefer to round it off to keep the length before shortening it. It's just too blunt a cut for her very hair. I said I was asking you guys for an opinion! Xx

I actually love it! Blunt cuts are chic and this with a tousled curl would look epic!!

Latest posts

Back