Body builder's tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lise

Reaction score
Hi all, iv got my weekly body builder later for spray tan and I do Lauren's way,crazy angel,and fake bake .iv been doing his tans for about a year now and he want to go dark dark dark as you can imagine any ideas,iv even looked on websites for body builders trying to find out what tan thay use because I don't mind stocking it in because as I said he is a weekly client and if I can get it well dark lol I know his buddy's will follow x

What solutions have you tried?

To get it really dark you will need to be looking for brown based tans not golden ones.

There are many brown solutions available in 18% or 20% and one of those should give you the desired look.

A lot of the tans bodybuilders use, particularly for competitions, are actually paint on ones.

I don't know much about spray tanning but it could be worth calling your suppliers for advice, for example can you use DHA booster drops to get a really dark tan.

I would have thought there would have been a market for one provider to do a really good dark bodybuilders spray, but clearly they aren't so sure.

I have tried booster drops but I am now researching brown based ones he really wants to make Jodie marsh look pale

20% is the way forward if not darker eeek

hi lovie, i have a friend who gets his tan done before competitions with something called Pro Tan incredibly black (that may be wrong!) and he also has Dream Tan to paint on, maybe worth having a look at these products xxx

Thank you so much x

I love our industry. So random, sometimes lol. Hope you get sorted :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Tans for Body Builders or competition tans are NOT the same as we wear day to day. This is a completely different type of tanning solution. A high DHA solution is not the answer. It's all about building the base colour first and then reapplying 4 or 5 hours before they compete. They generally wear a posing glaze on top as well.

Suntana blackberry ultra dark.

Suntana blackberry ultra dark.

I agree on this one, we use suntana and its amazing, try some darkening drops too if he wants to go mega dark xx

I give it a go many thanks

Latest posts

Back