Body Treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

I've been working on my treatment/price list for a while now.

The only body treatments I did at college was a full body massage. I want to add something to this to jazz it up a bit but not to sure what would be best as we didn't cover any of this at college.

Even the massage I got taught at college is pretty basic as our class got put in with the sports therapy class to learn massage so not much of the beauty side got discussed

I was thinking about including a salt scrub. I do fake bake lotion and I'm used to doing the exfoliation with that and would guess that a salt scrub would be the same procedure where you rub it on then take it off fast with a warm cloth.

Is this something I could do and it would be good to hear what other things I could do.

HI,
Check out spajourney.co.uk and see their range of tropical treatments. I've got the Bali Heaven Spice Ritual and it really is heavely smelling.
It's a scrub ( either shower or hand wash it off) and then massage with their oil or their toasted spice body lotion.
With your training - you'll manage fine. I think they also do training classes if you thought it was necessary.
HTHs

Hi

Thanks for that Angela

Just looking at your website. Its really good

Was wondering how you do paraffin on the back or full body? Always fancied trying it out but yet again, never got taught it at college so not wanting to do it wrong. At college we only used paraffin on the hands and feet

would you be willing to do some more training?
why not do a body brushing course?

you could then do a whole detox treatment.

ring some companies up that do skin and body treatments and see what you can add with your training.

the best thing is - you have a body massage certificate, thats a passport into lots of add-ons.

Hot stone massage is a good one too, but expensive start up.

algologie train you to do a chocolate wrap or herbal wrap, also herbal compress massage.

Hi, i'm new to this and going mobile soon, i've put some body treatments in my leaflet and im doing...
Pre treatment (full body cleanse,exfoliate and moisturise) great for pre tanning treatment £20
Strictly proff Slim/contour wrap £30
Natures way/firming seaweed mask £30
Natures way/de toxifying seaweed gel mask £30
Hope this helps
Kaye xx

Even something as simple as incorporating your choice of pre-blended oil in your description (unless you have aromatherapy qualification in which case you can blend your own) can make the treatment sound more tempting.

Eg Deep Relaxation massage with lavender, Harmonising massage with geranium, Uplifting massage with rosemary etc depending on your choice of oils. You can even retail the oil afterwards for home care.

You would need to make sure the aromatherapy oils were suitable for your clients though depending on their medical history, pregnancy etc. HTH! x

Back blitz- cleanse, exfoliate, mask and moisturise
Back Massage- massage on its own
you could list all of the massages singly such as
-leg massage
-arm massage
-back neck and sholdour massage
-facial massage

thanks for all your comments. its given me a lot to think about and to look up info on

see when you say, cleanse, moisturise and wrap the body. what products do you use? all i got taught was massage with oil and that was it. would you just do it bit by bit i.e cleanse back, then one leg then cover and do the other one then cover etc?

hippy chick - i would like to do more training but i'm up in shetland and due a baby in 2 weeks so its not the best time. i'm just having to go by what i can research on the net, dvd's and practice. the body brushing sounds interesting. i'll need to look into that. at the moment I have my HNC Beauty Therapy Certificate and Fake Bake.

Back Blitz Treatment

1. get client on couch, face down as you would for back massage.
2. wash hands and get some cleanser, cleanse all over the back, rub round and just cover the whole area. wash of with mittens or towells realy well.
3. repeat the cleanse again and wash off.
4. Get some exfoliator and mix with water so its bubbly and do the same, cover the area using circular motions.
5.wash of exfoliator extremely well.
6. find a mask. face mask/clay masks that you mix with water all available of ebay. and cover the area again.
wash of and then get your massage oils/cream and do the back massage.
7. then your finished. 1 tip is to make sure all of the oil/cream is removed because theres nothing worse then your client getting of the couch all oily.

Products
Dermalogica- expensive, proffessional use only but works a charm
Hara-bought of the internet or warehouses, does the job and a good price.

personly i think you could use any products from high street brands to proffesional aslong as they are pretty and smell nice.
:)

Last edited:
hi gem

thanks for that. I've got the cleanser, exfoliator, clay mask kit so i'm sorted to practice on my boyfriend

:)

Thats ok, just remebr its purly up to you what you do and you can use as much imagination as possible.
x

Latest posts

Back