Body wrap

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanfastic2

Reaction score
I'm a beauty therapist but would like to do this on my self what is the best body wrap to get to help with cellulite please?

None. No product can penetrate or be absorbed into the skin that far. Nothing works to get rid of cellulite. The only way you can help to hide the appearance of it is by muscle toning (lifting weights) All these wraps are nothing but a stupid money making scam. This would have been covered in cosmetic chemistry when doing your diploma.

Universal contour wraps help to tighten and firm the skin, they now do express wraps to target certain areas

Some wraps will go someway to helping firm and time the skin which will help lessen the appearance. As will some creams.

@Frayere @Fran1984 Can you explain to me exactly how wraps and creams firm and tighten the skin. Be as scientific as you like, ive studied cosmetic chemistry and fully understand molecular weight etc etc and skin biology. So id love to be proven wrong after spending many years studying this.

The wrap works through detoxification and the bandages help to tighten and firm, my clients and I noticed and felt a difference afterwards

@kirstie1980 I'm not here to argue with you. If you really want to take this subject to task why don't you take it up with the companies who have had they're products scientifically proven.

Hi,
Although you can't get rid of cellulite fully, I am showing some easy things you can do to reduce its outlook.
Firstly, you can take easy and regular exercises for 20-30 minutes. Losing a few pounds can help move fat cells away from the dermis slightly, leading to more even-looking skin, according to a British study.
Secondly. You can eat a healthy diet (heart-healthy grains, lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, lowfat and nonfat dairy, and healthy fats) . You can Drink plenty of water that keeps your skin cells looking fresh and renewed.
You can avoid foods that lead to more cellulite . Expect to get fully cured of cellulite!

@kirstie1980 I'm not here to argue with you. If you really want to take this subject to task why don't you take it up with the companies who have had they're products scientifically proven.
Im not here to argue either. Thing is though, you're wrong. Cmon, bandages tighten and firm? Its almost laughable

I don't do skin.

But I would assume it doesn't get rid of cellulite. But reduces the appearance off.

There's no need to be rude about it.
but yeah they do help to reduce the appearance of it

No they dont. The molecular weight of these ingredients are far too large to be able to penetrate through the epidermis to the subcutaneous layer. The ingredients in these wraps just sit on the surface of the skin. Stop saying they work when research proves they dont!

They do have an immediate result that lasts short term. They are good for a special even to wear a specific outfit. That's all. No long term affects.

I'm a beauty therapist but would like to do this on my self what is the best body wrap to get to help with cellulite please?
I would advise either Lipo Sculpt Wrap and Anti Cellulite Lotion by ActiDerm

Not wrap related but I've found it great for cellulite- body brushing! I do 10 strokes to each section as I work around the thigh and repeat morning & evening. Also drink lots of water.

I've used body wraps before. Weather they actually do what they say they do I don't know? But when o loose 2 inches from an area that makes me feel good. And for me the reasults are what counts! X

Kirstie,

First of all, I think your attitude is wholly rude. I cannot believe that you would speak to others in the professional field in this manner. How you must have any clients if this is your high and mighty approach is beyond me.

First of all think of the client - are they unhappy with the way they look is that why they want the wrap? Wraps are good but they cannot compete with low self esteem or low confidence.
Secondly - as posted before, the exfoliation here is key with cellulite. You need to be vigorously working that area and following lymphatic drainage to rid of waste and assist in filtering the excess water and toxins. ( surprising how much of a difference this works for the appearance - also aftercare this with the client sell them body brushes and/or exfoliation mits)
Thirdly - it is vital that your client is aware that a good healthy low toxin diet will boost the effects. Then and only then will a difference be seen, wraps are good but aren't miracle workers.
Fourthly Kirstie - who cares if it 100% effective or even a placebo. That client feels better and you cannot put a price on happiness. Except for science of course. The beloved field you waffle about is filling the world with hundreds of placebos in medication etc and yet the effects are still seen. Think about that!

Also darlin I use Stricly professional body wraps and they have helped me millions and might I add, the effects dont last very long but certainly help things to fit better for a night out, wedding etc.

As a former nurse and lecturer in level 3 cosmetic science with years of experience in doing wraps by different companies:
The inch loss is achieved by the pressure of the bandages. If you also use creams this will aid the quality of the epidermis (as we do for facial treatments).
Wraps are great for short term inch loss for that important occasion or to boost self confidence when dieting.
What is important is that therapists do not mis sell or mislead clients about the benefits.

Latest posts

Back