Booked for Egypt-what are people's opinions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know the dress code for evening meals? As have been told it's long trousers for men? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Weve just come back 2 weeks ago . Dress code for men was trousers for meals . But never saw one man in trousers including my hubby

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

When are you off to egypt? I go november x

Weve just come back 2 weeks ago . Dress code for men was trousers for meals . But never saw one man in trousers including my hubby

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for that! Surely it's too big for trousers anyway!

Il let you know what I think when I get back xx

Oh yeah lol was thinking its gone august already! X

Is anyone going to be in sharm from 20th August? X

Bump

Are you back yet? X

Hello everyone!
Me & my boyfriend have just booked to go to Egypt in August for 2 weeks.
We've never been before & have heard mixed reviews..

Has anyone been? If so what were your experiences? �� x

After having travelled several times to Cairo, my best piece of advice is this. When you purchase your bottled water do not share it with anyone. Not even your other half. As soon as it goes warm. Bin it. The constant mouth to bottled mixes saliva with the water and the extreme heat encourages bacteria. This is one the most common ways to get an upset stomach. I followed this rule of thumb and never got ill in Egypt.

Edited to say...whoops are you back then? Bit too late for that advice maybe?

Just returned! Loved every minute (apart from me and my boyfriend both being on IV drips!) - would go back tomorrow maybe just a different hotel!

Fab weather
Great hotel (apart from the food and the Russians!)

Be careful what you eat, my boyfriend had severe sickness and diarrhoea, low blood pressure too and ended up on an IV drip, and had to take medication for the duration of our stay!

I got infected mosquito bites and had a poisonous leg so I was on an IV drip too and also got prescribed tablets and several creams...
This didn't spoil our holiday though!!

Would recommend Egypt to everyone, I loved it so I'm sure you will have a fab time!

Oh no! Hope your both ok, what hotel did you stay at? X

Stayed at siva sharm resort & spa, lovely hotel apart from the food! X

Was no sign of any trouble in Egypt while we were there & never felt unsafe at any point, even while walking through streets full of locals at night times.

We felt 100% safe x

Just returned! Loved every minute (apart from me and my boyfriend both being on IV drips!) - would go back tomorrow maybe just a different hotel!

Fab weather
Great hotel (apart from the food and the Russians!)

Be careful what you eat, my boyfriend had severe sickness and diarrhoea, low blood pressure too and ended up on an IV drip, and had to take medication for the duration of our stay!

I got infected mosquito bites and had a poisonous leg so I was on an IV drip too and also got prescribed tablets and several creams...
This didn't spoil our holiday though!!

Would recommend Egypt to everyone, I loved it so I'm sure you will have a fab time!

Which hotel was it. I'm about to book for next year!

Which hotel was it. I'm about to book for next year!

Siva sharm resort & spa..

The savoy, Sierra & Hilton all looked lovely when we passed and heard they were mainly English hotels x

Oh yes that one came up on my search.
Thomas cook advised baron palms resort was a good one? Very popular for them their best seller. Anyone stayed there?

Latest posts

Back