Botox Laws

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evissa

Reaction score
Ive done a search and can't find what i'm looking for...and i also think i might be about to open a can of worms...!

My best friend is a Dental Nurse and is looking into doing a Botox and Fillers course in October. Now, she is aware about Remote Prescribing being banned but the other thing we've heard is that it is going to be law soon that only Prescribers can administer Botox.

Can anyone shed more light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance Geeks <3

Ive done a search and can't find what i'm looking for...and i also think i might be about to open a can of worms...!

My best friend is a Dental Nurse and is looking into doing a Botox and Fillers course in October. Now, she is aware about Remote Prescribing being banned but the other thing we've heard is that it is going to be law soon that only Prescribers can administer Botox.

Can anyone shed more light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance Geeks <3

Yes that is correct if you go onto the MHRA website it's all there, tell her not to waste her money, shocking people are still taking money for courses knowing they will never be able to do the treatments.

That is shocking... Do you know a date that this will take effect from? She has been on that site and i've just had a look too so thanks for that :)

It's pretty much in already, suppliers will not allow your friend to obtain botox and she will be breaking the law if she gets it black market and injects.

Very sorry but it's a non starter for her. She can't get insured she can't obtain it and can't administer it so no point doing the course.

Hope she can get her money back.

Fillers are going down that route too by next spring I think that law will be in too.
The training company must know this so very unscrupulous of them I'm thinking.

From my experience, I would testify that botox is awesome. But the success of it lies in getting it done by the right person with proper botox training certification. Many people tend to take this for granted thinking it is absolutely okay to practice botox without any training. But that is infact the wrong way of doing it!

Latest posts

Back