Box blonde on highlighted hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jane LA tan

Reaction score
I have high lighted hair but the grey grows through so fast that i am considering putting on a box blonde colour from superdrug ( or whatever) to cover the grey roots until i have foils again in a few weeks. is this advisable?

Nope! You'll probably end up with a gorgeous shade of khaki!!

Nope! You'll probably end up with a gorgeous shade of khaki!!
really? maybe ill wait then. thank you.

Yes, KHS is correct.

With box dye colours, you're unlikely to go the same shade as the colour on the package especially the blonde tones.

On your highlighted areas and grey hair where you don't have any natural pigment, it will go a khaki shade because it's formulated to cover hair with a certain percentage of natural yellow and orange pigment in it.

If you make a mistake, colour correction services at the hairdressers are a lot more expensive than a regular highlights appointment!

Yes, KHS is correct.

With box dye colours, you're unlikely to go the same shade as the colour on the package especially the blonde tones.

On your highlighted areas and grey hair where you don't have any natural pigment, it will go a khaki shade because it's formulated to cover hair with a certain percentage of natural yellow and orange pigment in it.

If you make a mistake, colour correction services at the hairdressers are a lot more expensive than a regular highlights appointment!

Thank you for replying. I shall def wait now. You have saved me from a disaster .x

Latest posts

Back