Boxed nail competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noreenoconnor

CND Education Ambassador Cork
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls [emoji3]

I'm thinking of entering a nail competition this year and have never entered a boxed nail competition.

Has anyone entered, have you any tips or advice?

What kind of tips did you use? How do you secure them in the box? What kind of box did you use?

I'd love any advice please

Noreen xx

I used a plain wooden photo frame box from wilkinson when I entered last year, what I will say from what I learnt last year is make sure your idea is well thought out and planned. I ended up leaving mine Til the last minute and didn't think I planned well last time. I want to do the London pro beauty boxed art this year x

I used a plain wooden photo frame box from wilkinson when I entered last year, what I will say from what I learnt last year is make sure your idea is well thought out and planned. I ended up leaving mine Til the last minute and didn't think I planned well last time. I want to do the London pro beauty boxed art this year x

Thanks for your reply :)

What tips did you use? They look like really long tips and i don't know what they're called so i don't know what to search for :p

It looks pretty hard but I'm looking forward to the challenge !!

I used white display tips from crystal nails in medium length but they also do them in longer length. You can get them in stiletto or square shape. Which competition are you entering ?

awh thanks I'll look into that

I'm think about entering the professional beauty in Dublin in March. It's so hard to know where to begin, there is very little about what they are looking for, there is a booklet that you can download but everything is very vague and it's nearly impossible to find past examples to help you out either ... very frustrating [emoji37]

I would say look in past issues of Guild News online from around feb-June time for examples.

IKEA sell a picture box frame called RIBBA, I use them for my shadow box crafts, I bet they would be good for the nails too as they're quite roomy and white so it will show off your work well, they're easily painted too and cheap!

For anyone else reading this thread that would like more information about the boxed nail art categories go to Feb 2015 issue of Guild Magazine and there is a brilliant article on there :)

Thanks BuzzyBee12 xx

Glad it helped! And good luck.

Latest posts

Back