Brazilian Blowdry training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise xx

Reaction score
Hiya, im booked on a course to do brazilian blowdry but it says i need straighteners to reach 230 degrees. Do my GHD's reach this temp, i thought they only reached 210? can anyone recommend a pair of straighteners that go this hot?
Thankyou xx

I am under the impression that GHd s reach 230 . Ill have to check now x

I have Remingtons and they reach 230(well on the digital gauge it says so), my daughter always says her ghd's are better that my straighteners so at a guess would say they reach 230.

Couldnt find a confirmation on their website and mixed info on the web. All i know is i use my ghd s for the brazilian blowdry and its fab x

Hi all,

GHDs only reach 210c, I now use FHis they reach 230c, if you get the more expensive ones, plus you can control the heat :lol:

Hiya, im booked on a course to do brazilian blowdry but it says i need straighteners to reach 230 degrees. Do my GHD's reach this temp, i thought they only reached 210? can anyone recommend a pair of straighteners that go this hot?
Thankyou xx
Can I ask where you ae doing the taining, and which product?

Cheers

Sharon:)

I just had the GHD rep in today. They reach 190 with a working temp of 175-80 :)

Hi Sainsy

i am thinking of getting this in my salon, how much do u charge for it in your salon?:lol:

I just had the GHD rep in today. They reach 190 with a working temp of 175-80 :)
no way!!!???? No wonder the tough, frizzy, virgin head of hair I had to do a Brazillian on didn't take when I was using my GHDs!

I think I own more straighteners now than anyone, since discovering the Brazilian Blow dry, but now have asigned FHis for Brazilians, Kodos for regulat sraighteneing on clients, GHDs for me and travel ones for me, ( not that I need them for me since I've brazilianed my hair!)

Hi Sainsy

i am thinking of getting this in my salon, how much do u charge for it in your salon?:lol:

Hi , I am a freelancer so have lower running costs than a salon , range from £60 upwards, quite hard to price up as can be so varied shorter and really thick / frizzy can use more and be more time consumming than longer fine hair so still juggling prices a bit. Used my first 500ml bottle on mainly regular clients to get used to product and amounts so gave them all low start up prices . Very succesful so now going for a 1000 ml size more value for money. Researching on the net the prices are so varied , i have had a couple of clents that have been quoted in salons so that has helped me work out a competitve price. :)

no way!!!???? No wonder the tough, frizzy, virgin head of hair I had to do a Brazillian on didn't take when I was using my GHDs!

I think I own more straighteners now than anyone, since discovering the Brazilian Blow dry, but now have asigned FHis for Brazilians, Kodos for regulat sraighteneing on clients, GHDs for me and travel ones for me, ( not that I need them for me since I've brazilianed my hair!)

Thats so interesting to find out isnt it , i have FHI s ( well i bought them for my daughter last xmas) so may be sneaking them out now to the clients with tougher hair ! Sharon, what is it about the Kodo s you like for regular straightening ? x

The best Irons to use are those with titanium plates as they aren't porous and maintain the temp. There are various brands that do them so you'd just need to check. Babyliss, FHI, Corioliss and Global Keratin all do them and they're all well known and trusted brands. Make sure you buy a professional quality one from a reputable Hair and beauty wholesaler, and not a retail one :)

Thats so interesting to find out isnt it , i have FHI s ( well i bought them for my daughter last xmas) so may be sneaking them out now to the clients with tougher hair ! Sharon, what is it about the Kodo s you like for regular straightening ? x
Hi Sian,
I've only just checkjed this soz for delay, the FHi's Ive got are the titanium ones with the heat settings, if your daughters don't have the heat settings they don't get hot enough. In answer about the Kodos, they only heat to 210c aswell, but I'm not convinced mine get that hot to be honest.

Sharon xx

ps thanks Grant for your info over the last few threads

Are there any brazillian blow dry courses near Leeds please?

Latest posts

Back