Bridal Make Up Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
Hi

I am attending a foundation make up course in a few weeks. I am actually going to be offering bridal make up, but you need to do the foundation course first. I already have a booking, and just wanted to know a few things so that i am ready!

What are the main differences between normal day make up and bridal? I think the main one is that you need a better covering of make up for bridal due to the photos? I live abroad and therefore think brides are less likely to want to be caked in make up, there is a lot more natural sunlight and it's hot! I think i'm just concerned that i will do the course and feel like i don't know what i should be doing for bridal? Can someone please give me a few tips that they think i will need?

Do you think it's ok to say to the bride, that if she has any specific colours she wants to wear, she can feel free to bring her own say eyeshadow?

I know once i've done the course it will be clearer, but i'm sat waiting to learn with a booking in place and i'm starting to panic a little!

What's the going rate for bridal make up?

Thanks all for listening to me!

x

I would say:

1. definitely do a trial, you can discuss with the bride colour themes etc and this would be a good time for her to bring a long any make up she likes

2. bridal make-up needs to be long lasting so a good base is essential

3. even if the bridal wants natural dont go tooooo natural as her face will fade into the background in the photos

4. offer to provide a touch-up kit at extra cost or tell her what she should have with her on the day to keep her make up looking fresh

5. day make-up is a lot more natural, less heavy base

6. depending on your area, i would charge approx £35 for a trial which would last 1.5hrs and £50 on the day

hth xxx

Latest posts

Back