Bridal make up-best foundation to use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empress Patel

Reaction score
Hey I have recently qualified as a level 2 beauty therapist and am trying to build up my Make up kit. In the next few weeks I will be working in a salon doing spray tans and Make up...I'm looking forward to it but am a bit worried because this is all new to me and I'm struggling to find a top end foundation to use on brides :sad: I've read alot of reviews about Dior Skin Forever Foundation and Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation....Any suggestions?

Please help! xx

I bought the Jane Iredale 'kit' for me to use on brides and have found it to be fanastic. For my opening order I got everything I needed, added to which it is an extremely high end mineral make up, so ideal for the more sensitive brides, and it is highly water resistant. I'm now in my own salon and retail quite a lot as well.

Ah thanks for the advice, will look into Jane Iredale products, will see if they can send me some samples :)

You will need a small range of foundations to cover al skin types and tones. I can highly recommend Dior Forever especially for flawed and oily skin as it covers well but you have to work quickly with it. It is also good as a concealer. Dab on a teeny amount, wait and dab again and so on. I don't stock Illamasqua but have heard great things. Bobbi Brown also very good.

Buy alternative colours on the shade spectrum to get get started.

You need something long lasting which will stay flawless all day. Also be wary of foundations with SPF as they can create flashback..

Bobbi Brown foundation sticks are great! You can build up the coverage, easily portable and last for so long!

Illamasqua skin base is gorgeous and really full coverage.

MAC face and body is good too, but very light coverage.

X

You will need a small range of foundations to cover al skin types and tones. I can highly recommend Dior Forever especially for flawed and oily skin as it covers well but you have to work quickly with it. It is also good as a concealer. Dab on a teeny amount, wait and dab again and so on. I don't stock Illamasqua but have heard great things. Bobbi Brown also very good.

Buy alternative colours on the shade spectrum to get get started.

Oh brilliant thanks for the advice, I dragged my mum to the Dior counter and asked about the Dior Skin forever foundation...I'm not sure she understood what I meant about buying different shades to go with my kit cuz she showed me the shades that I could use on myself (I have quite olive skin)

Latest posts

Back