Bridesmaid Make-Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniBeautyAngel

Reaction score
Hello fellow Geeks!

Not long qualified as a official MUA feeling bit of an amateur, got first wedding coming up in October I have rough idea what I'm going to do for the bride her colour theme is dark purple I was going to add a teeny bit of dark purple to the brides eyes. But what do I do for the bridesmaids do I do the same on them as I'm doing on the bride or tone it down more so the bride stands out.

Also in my personal make up box I have quite a few urban decay palettes am I ok to use these or should I keep personal and business separate.

Thank you

Dani

Have you had a trial with the bride?
Also personal make up is fine as long as it's been used hygienically - everything except liners, mascaras and lipgloss/stick if it's been applied straight to lips.
I use urban decay naked pallete, there's a lovley dark purple in that you could use for the bride along with lighter colours xxx

You need to have a trial with the bride and charge accordingly for it. As for matching the weddings colour scheme to her make up, and having the bridesmaids all wear matching make up, this is a really dated concept (think 1980's). Make-up is best when done to suit the clients skin tone, face shape, eye shape, time of day/year that wedding is taking place etc.

But at the end of the day it 's up to the Bride to choose what she wants, it's her wedding day. Ask her if she has any ideas and if she has any magazine clippings of looks that she likes. If not then you can give her a few different ideas to think about.

There is a decent book called Makeup Makeovers by Robert Jones that would be worth reading. Also a website called Makeup Advice Forum which is mostly aimed at Bridal Make-up artists would be helpful.

X

Latest posts

Back