Brisa finishing gloss CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Has anyone used this product? I'm looking for a gel to put on top of my shellac for clients who are really heavy handed and are prone to chipping.

Could I use the brisa finishing gloss after applying the shellac top coat? Does anyone do this as I would like to know if It would make a difference or is there anything else anyone recommends?

Also how do I remove the finishing gloss would I file it off the soak of shellac as normal? Can I cure it in the shellac lamp if so how long and do I wipe over at the end with same stuff as shellac?

Sorry for all the questions am just struggling to find a good one.

Brisa gloss is fantastic - it's the shiniest, most stain resistant top coat from CND. And it looks beautiful over l&p or gel enhancements.

However, it's a hard gel and not for use over shellac. Think of it like gloss painting an eraser - what would happen when you bent it? The softer Base wouldn't be strong enough to keep the topcoat strong and it would start to form microcracks.

Also, once you add brisa, you take away the soak-off-ability. Simple thing to remember is - you shouldn't make product sandwiches.

What about brisa lite underneath for the clients who are having trouble? Not every nail is suitable for every system and it might then be time to up their 'prescription', as it were?

Ok thank you I have been looking into using brisa smoothing gel underneath but is this more for damages nails? As my clients nails are in good condition but just chip. Will the smoothing gel stop this?

Another thing I was thinking about is using gelish top coat on top of the shellac not sure if this would help or what would be best?

You want brisa smoothing gel to wear underneath shellac - it will give 3 weeks wear and great for those who need extra strength x

Ok thank you I have been looking into using brisa smoothing gel underneath but is this more for damages nails? As my clients nails are in good condition but just chip. Will the smoothing gel stop this?

Another thing I was thinking about is using gelish top coat on top of the shellac not sure if this would help or what would be best?

I use brisa lite under my own shellac and get longer lasting results as I am quite heavy handed. My natural nails aren't in bad condition just the occasional delamination the brisa lite makes them feel that bit stronger too x

Ok thank you I think I am going to order the brisa smoothing kit, hopefully this will stop the chipping if not I will try gellish on top.

Thanks again x

I purchased my Brisa Lite Kit about a year ago but I have only just started it now. I dabbled with it now and then but I have 2 clients in particular where I just started using the smoothing gel for their most recent 2 manicures. It has made a HUGE difference and they are very happy to pay an extra $5 for it. Three weeks and very little wear at their free edge where it used to be all chipped away. One is a restaurant owner and the other works in a photo lab so both heavy handed.
I must add that even though it is UNDERNEATH the polish, it makes a huge difference ON TOP. Some clients don't understand that by putting something underneath, it helps on top. They tend to think that all the protection should go on top and I try to explain that it doesn't always work that way even though Shellac does in fact protect on top of their nails.

Latest posts

Back