brisa gel nails ............question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
i havent done gel nails yet, how long do they take to do? it usually takes me 1hour 40 to do a set of l&p nails......how long do they have to be under the lamp for?
kat xxx

It takes me about an hour and 1/2 to do a set of gel nails thats with doing a proper prep.

Each layer of Brisa gel needs to be cured under the lamp for 2 mins.

All gels have different times needed to cure and it depends on which gel you use.

If you are going to Gmex, why not go without enhancements and have a nail done by each manufactuer that way you can see how its done and try before you buy.

and you can lock your whites for the 20 second time if you prefer inbetween...doing pink in zone 2 & 3

Yes it takes 2 mins to cure but you can lock at any time with the 10 second timer.

Brisa lamps have 2 setting 10secs and 2 mins and Brisa gels may suffer breakdown if the Brisa lamp is not used.

Its fab

and and not forgetting the uv sealer top coat can be used on L&P to give them a permanment gloss which is ace no more buffing :lick: what a great cheat....

I have only recently became interested in Brisa Gel. Before i commit to moving to this i've had a lot of my customers ask whether Brisa Gel is the same as Bio Sculpture Gel. Can anyone help me with this question. I've searched high and low. Bio Sculpture Gel just peals off without damaging the nail and no need for acetone or filing down. Is it the same with Brisa Gel?
Many thanks for your help

stacia2577 said:
I have only recently became interested in Brisa Gel. Before i commit to moving to this i've had a lot of my customers ask whether Brisa Gel is the same as Bio Sculpture Gel. Can anyone help me with this question. I've searched high and low. Bio Sculpture Gel just peals off without damaging the nail and no need for acetone or filing down. Is it the same with Brisa Gel?
Many thanks for your help
intersting I am curious myself now...how does it stay on if it peels off without sound like a dumb ass?? :o as I some times do lol :eek:

No Brisa is a hard gel that requires buffing off untill there is a thin coat and then either leaving for added strength or taking the thin layer off with accetone.

Bio is a soft gel that is flexable and is totally soakable with their own soak off.

The two are very different

Betty Boo summed up the differences in removal pretty well.

You will also find that Brisa will be far more colour stable (and bright) as well as age dramatically slower (less breakdown and discoloration).

There is a flip side to either way you go. Removable gels have a tendency to break down over time, discolour, and break easier than their non removable counterparts. Brisa doesn't remove nearly as easy, but also doesn't really need to ever be removed if you see what I mean.

Head to GMEX if possible and try a variety of demos to make a decision that will work for you and your clients.

Gosh Im in orrr

Carmen really trained me well.

She is FAB

thanks for all your help i am going to the gmex on sunday so i will come and have a look at the demos that are there! glad i asked about the brisa its sounding alot better than i thought.....is it harder to apply than l&p? i'm in no rush got plenty of time to practice just need to find some more victims lol :)

Thanks again
Kat xxx

that shows just how much i know about gel i've used acrylic most of the times plus fibreglass. Creative nails is fabulous for acrylic nails. however a lot of customers are saying they are interested in the product that does not damage their nails. Is it worth while moving to Brisa gel from acrylic?

stacia2577 said:
however a lot of customers are saying they are interested in the product that does not damage their nails

acrylic does NOT damage natural nails - only a poor technician will damage the nail or if product isn't properly removed.

stacia2577 said:
that shows just how much i know about gel i've used acrylic most of the times plus fibreglass. Creative nails is fabulous for acrylic nails. however a lot of customers are saying they are interested in the product that does not damage their nails. Is it worth while moving to Brisa gel from acrylic?
No product damages natura nails ... only incorrect removal or a harsh preparation.

All nail products are acrylic ... wraps, gels, and liquid & powder ... they are all from the same family.

Latest posts

Back