Brisa gel over flaky nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
I have a client coming tonight who's nails have split and are flaking - I've not seen them yet. She has been wearing ACG (im NOT blaming the product, just describing what has happened).
Would it be a good idea to give them a coating of Brisa gel before apply shellac? as I believe there is no point applying shellac to flaky nails. Or, should I apply a layer of l &P?

I have a client coming tonight who's nails have split and are flaking - I've not seen them yet. She has been wearing ACG (im NOT blaming the product, just describing what has happened).
Would it be a good idea to give them a coating of Brisa gel before apply shellac? as I believe there is no point applying shellac to flaky nails. Or, should I apply a layer of l &P?

You really cant put anything successfully over nails that are clearly de-laminating. You need to remove the area of nail that is de-laminating first. You then could use either Brisa or L&P but you will need more than a 'coating' or either .. you will still need to make a properly constructed nail enhancement for it to last well. HTH

Gigi, what about if somebody just needs a little extra strength to wear Shellac??

If I did a Brisa overlay would that be sufficient or would I have to create apex etc.

thanks for the advice, I'll assess then see what can be done. :)

Gigi, what about if somebody just needs a little extra strength to wear Shellac??

If I did a Brisa overlay would that be sufficient or would I have to create apex etc.

If I have clients who need more strength than normal Shellac then I use two coats of Shellac top coat. If they need more than that then I enhance. You can try painting on a coat of Brisa but if you don't add some apex I would question the lasting ability.

Hello Gigi,

Do you charge for the extra top coat ?

Hello Gigi,

Do you charge for the extra top coat ?

I charged an extra 2.50, but I won't be doing this any longer now that I have the Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing gel :lol: I will use that choice now for those who need it and charge 20% more if used under Shellac. If used on its own, I will charge the same as Shellac. HTH

I must admit I've used Brisa hard gel as an overlay for a client with delaminating nails recently. I'm quite new to the Brisa gel system so wasn't sure how successful it would be. It's proved to work well and my client loves her forever French look. I do create the apex too. This client has decided she doesn't like too much acetone on her nails so it was nice to be able to offer the hard gel as an alternative. Hth Wendy

Latest posts

Back