Brisa Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinacrawshaw

Reaction score
Hi iv been having a prob with my Brisa white gel paint staying on when i come to buffing it with the boomerang buffer,it just seems to buff away no matther how light i buff,espesh at free edge! I have been on the phone to creative so many times and theyve given me plenty of help (thanx every one) but i still keep aving this prob! This is what im doing;
Prep
Tips
liquid bond
thin layer of gel,cutting out smile line
building apex,cutting out smile line
white gel paint
remove inhibition layer
define sides with blizzard
buff with boomerang
this is where the white starts to buff off,any help would be great!

Hi

This is how i do it. Totally different to the way they say but it works for me.

prep
tip
blend
bond
1 scrubbed in layer of pink over the whole nail
white gel on the tip
clear gel on nail bed and over white paint

buff and seal with gloss

or i also do tip
bond
pink
white
pink upto white
clear over all
buff and seal

Your probably buffing into your white because you have no layer of gel over it.

HTH

The following is the way i have found brisa to work best for me.

Once i have done the liquid bond, i do one layer of pink gel and cure. I do another layer of pink gel and cut the smile line out, and cure. Then i do the smile area with white gel paint and cure. As i find it quite thin i apply another layer and cure. Next i use the clear gel over the nail to fill any dips.(mainly the dip on the smile line) Then remove the inhibition layer and slightly buff into shape. You shouldn't need to buff much as the nail should be a nice even shape. Then one coat of the finishing gel, cure and scrub fresh.

Also when i apply the white gel i make sure to cap the free edge.

I personally think you are doing the white gel too thin for it to disappear so easily and you may be using too much presssure on your file. I Know when i was learning Brisa Gel i couldn't believe how much easier it was to file than L&P.

Good luck and keep practicing,

Lisa
xxxxx

Hi thank you both for your reply,im gunna giv both your suggestions a try! One other thing,every one that iv done a set of brisa on have said they find them a lot weeker than l&p,have you found this or is it just my in experience?

Hi Tina

If you are only new to Gel, it could be that your application is quite thin, especially if you are not putting a further layer of clear over your work. Dont forget that you still need to create your apex to ensure strength in the stress area. When I first did gels they were always wafer thin, but with time you will master it. Don't worry if when you build up your apex it apears a touch on the bumpy side, you can always refine with your file before a finishing coat of thin gel/finisher (what ever that is in the Brisa range).

All the best and keep up the practice. Good old gels easy to learn, hard to master.

Best wishes

Hi Tina

From reading your message I would suggest having a look back through the BRISA video, I had this trouble with all the different steps and app techniques when I started too..

You should find that when using the white gel Paint you would follow these steps.
-overlay with French Manicure
Prep
Liquid Bond
Clear (or pink) base layer
Build apex and entire nail shape (zone1 - zone3) with pink
Shape and define with Blizzard Board
Apply white Gel Paint to zone 1
Apply thin layer of clear over entire nail
smooth surface imperfections with boomerany buffer
finish with uv finishing gloss

I generally prefer to do forever french sculpting
Prep
liquid bond
clear (or pink) base layer
zone 2 and 3 with pink
zone 1 with white SCULPTING gel
clear over entire nail
shape with blizzard and boomerang buffer
finish with uv finishing gloss...

Hope that helps?!

tinacrawshaw said:
Hi thank you both for your reply,im gunna giv both your suggestions a try! One other thing,every one that iv done a set of brisa on have said they find them a lot weeker than l&p,have you found this or is it just my in experience?

Hi Tina

I am wearing Brisa as an overlay and my nails are very long in zone 1 and I have no problems, and I am not putting a layer of clear on! just the UV top coat...

Like Eny said get watching that video I am sure it will help you out or check out Gigi's tutorial.hth

Looking at your method, it seems that you are missing out the layer of clear gel over the entire nail before buffing/filing/refining the nails. Therefore you are filing directly over the white paint and therefore you are filing some of it off. When doing acrylics you need to do a coat of acrylic over the entire nail after applying the pink and white and it is the same with gel.
That is my thoughts anyway and I hope it helps.

Just on a side note... I like to apply a thin layer of White Gel Paint... then finsih with UV finishing gloss.
White gel paint is so thin that it is mega easy to file along the edges.

Hope this helps ;)

Latest posts

Back