Brisa help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~bec~

Reaction score
Im using Brisa on my own nails and i am loving it. I have no problems with it what so ever.

However, i have one Brisa client, and i see her every two weeks, and she looses about 5-9 nails each time. Today she had only one left, and it was perfectly in tact. She said she tried to get it off but it would not come off. Could this client be picking them off?? I charged her for nearly a new set today, so if she is picking them off, hopefully charging her more will deter her from picking at them.

My other Brisa clients i see are having the odd enhancment gone, but appart from that, all is well with Brisa.

I just read the 'pinger' article.

Today when i seen this client, i thouroughly cleaned/prepared the nail plate (removed all cuticle, lightly buffed the nail to remove shine and cleaned with scrub fresh) and applied the gel. I dont know what is going on.

This client did say that when her enhancments come off, her nail is rough and she buffs them down so they are smooth.

If i am applying the product correctly and doing the prep right, is it fair to say that she needs to try acrylic???? Is it just plain possible that gel does not suit some people????? Does acrylic adhere to the natural nail plate more aggressively than gel?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the nail surface is rough she is picking them off and she will do the same with whatever type of enhancement you apply.

3 things:

1. It is possible that some nail systems do not suit some clients. This can happen with ALL types of enhancements. Do undertand though that this is unusual and not the norm.

2. It is also normal for any client to return to the salon for a rebalance with the odd nail broken (then they pick the product off the rest of the nail that has broken). One break is acceptable but not 3,4, or more, NO.

3. I can't emphsize enough the importance of telling your clients about homecare and giving them the advice to every week, shorten the lenghth of their enhancements just a tad to keep them manageable. NAILS THAT ARE TOO LONG BREAK.

Thanks for that Geeg. It does seem strange that it is only the one or two clients it is happening to when the rest of my clients are not having lifting problems.

I have been doing some more reading on the site and it seems that i can also use Nail Fresh as well as Scrub Fresh for clients who are prone to lifting. I will try this and if that does not work, i might have to explain to her that her nails are too oily. Either she will have to kepp paying for new sets all the time, try resin wraps or give up. (to put it bluntly!! But of course i will say it politley!!!)

So if nail enhancments (any sort) do not adhere to a particular client, is it fair to say their nail beds are too oily???

Surely if she wasn`t doing anything to help these nails come off then the others would show some lifting too. I`m sure it isn`t anything you`ve done as she would lose them all, and everyone else would experience problems too. Like geeg says, a few nails maybe, but more than that, no way!

Latest posts

Back