Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel overlays-how to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara1505

Reaction score
I need your advice, please!

In my holistic praxis I do treatments for natural nails since three years with a lot of pleasure. My system is Shellac. I use Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel for clients who have thin, brittle, bendy nails to give more strength. I have a client who needs still more strength than the Smoothing Gel is able to give. I will now try to make an overlay with the Sculpting Gel but I am not sure how to do this. I am only CND trained to do Shellac and therefore I have no experiences with the processing from real enhancement- gels. In training videos I see that the Sculpting Gel comes relative thick onto the nails and have to be filed after that to get a smooth surface. Is this what I have to do also when I only want to make an overlay? Smoothing gel needs only a thin layer. Can I apply the Sculpting Gel in this manner also or does it not makes sense and it has to be thicker to give the desired strengthness? Is there an option to do two thin coats instead of one thicker to avoid filing?

I am very happy to get your support, thanks a lot!

Push :sad:

Would be very glad to get an answer!

For clients that need something stronger than smoothing gel I will apply clear sculpting in the same fashion i.e brushing on a thin layer. Hth xx

Thanks a lot for your answer!

A thin layer like Smoothing Gel would be enough - that sounds good!

I've not used Brisa sculpting gel (I use Brisa smoothing gel only) before but I did train in gel extensions previously. The sculpting gel would be sculpted/built up to give support when you extend the nail with a tip to ensure it's balanced and does not break easily under pressure. If you are merely doing an overlay on natural nails, you won't need to build up a thick layer, you can probably just add a thin layer (the gel may be thicker than smoothing gel anyway). It should be sufficient.

I've not used Brisa sculpting gel (I use Brisa smoothing gel only) before but I did train in gel extensions previously. The sculpting gel would be sculpted/built up to give support when you extend the nail with a tip to ensure it's balanced and does not break easily under pressure. If you are merely doing an overlay on natural nails, you won't need to build up a thick layer, you can probably just add a thin layer (the gel may be thicker than smoothing gel anyway). It should be sufficient.

Very helpful! Thank you!

You're welcome! Hope it works. My clients who I switched to Brisa Lite smoothening gel always get on well

Hi how did you get in using this for extra strength? Did you just apply a thin layer then apply shellac colour straight on top? Thanks

Hi how did you get in using this for extra strength? Did you just apply a thin layer then apply shellac colour straight on top? Thanks

Hi! You would do your prep work as per usual, then apply BL basecoat. If I'm just doing an overlay, I apply a thin layer of BL Sculpting (check the surface is even and fill in any low spots) then cure. Wipe tacky layer and refine and remove shine - I like to use a Koala buffer for this as it doesn't need a lot of "filing".

Then go straight to your Shellac colour coats, and finish with Shellac Top Coat xx

Thank you that's great. I have a damaged toe nail so would like to give it a bit extra strength x

So one more question, do I scrub fresh again to remove the dust etc before applying the shellac colour coats? Thanks x

So one more question, do I scrub fresh again to remove the dust etc before applying the shellac colour coats? Thanks x

Normally I buff with a boomerang buffer to finish and remove dust with a manicure brush, as it shouldn't create a lot of dust.

But if you find there's a lot, then yeah just use a touch of Scrubfresh. xx

Thank you so much. Do you find clients get longer with scuplting gel underneath Shellac?

Thank you so much. Do you find clients get longer with scuplting gel underneath Shellac?

Absolutely! If they've tried Shellac, then Shellac with BL smoothing gel and had no success, I find BL sculpting gel & Shellac is a brilliant combo for those particular clients, or those who are hard on their nails xx

TheRealMrsGrey how long does it take to wrap & remove when using Sculpting gel & Shellac natural overlay? x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

TheRealMrsGrey how long does it take to wrap & remove when using Sculpting gel & Shellac natural overlay? x

I thin right down with a blizzard board (so remove all shellac & 2/3rds BL sculpting) and wrap for 30 mins xx

I thin right down with a blizzard board (so remove all shellac & 2/3rds BL sculpting) and wrap for 30 mins xx

Thanks hun :D x

Latest posts

Back