Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsByShakira

Reaction score
I am trained in L&P and Gel enhancements (EzFlow & NSI) I no longer do enhancements, and haven't done so for years. I've always disliked doing them due to a number of reasons, so thank god when CND Shellac & BL Smoothing Gel came around..

I'm a NATURAL NAIL tech but I'm thinking about adding BL Sculpting Gel to services. I would only recommend it to clients who I think would benefit from BL Sculpting Gel then move them on Shellac.

What draws me to it is that, you don't buff the natural nail before hand and it soaks-off quickly. But what also stops me is, all the bad memories of tipping, blending the tip (is there an easier way of doing it without damaging the natural nail?!), the enhancement not lasting, rebalancing the list goes on.

I don't wanna damage anyone's nails doing BL Sculpting Gel, as I am really a natural nail tech. Btw, I already been on the thread for BL Sculpting Gel but no one answered my question 😖

Shakira x

You can sculpt over a form so you don´t need a tip!

I'm like you and prefer working with natural nails. I'm not qualified in gel, but I am going to do a course in gel extension purely so I can get a certificate and get on the brisalite removable gel course. I would prefer to use it to overlay and then just extend the natural nail with bl when clients have a breakage. My understanding is that there is no requirement to file the natural nail bed with brisalite so no damage to natural nail. Happy to be corrected though. Good luck.xx

I love the idea of the brisa lite sculpting gel as you don't have to buff the nail and it ca be soaked off, it won't suit everyone but it's a good thing to have on offer! I am hoping to do the training this year as I love sculpting gel, haven't done it in a while so I will be a bit rusty! I used to use tips but then changed to sculpting and have never looked back, sculpting is the way forward and will save you so much time and product/money! I'm sure they will sculpt on the training so it's just practise

I love BL sculpting! I use as a NNO where the BL Smoothing still isn't enough. I found clients have managed to grow out their natural nails with the help of BL sculpting with no damage. Shellac can be applied on top, and buffed off when it comes to rebalancing.

Great stuff! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm like you and prefer working with natural nails. I'm not qualified in gel, but I am going to do a course in gel extension purely so I can get a certificate and get on the brisalite removable gel course. I would prefer to use it to overlay and then just extend the natural nail with bl when clients have a breakage. My understanding is that there is no requirement to file the natural nail bed with brisalite so no damage to natural nail. Happy to be corrected though. Good luck.xx

You need the Brisa Lite Build It course if you don't do enhancements and just want to repair broken nails. I've pasted a link, hope it works!

http://www.sweetsquared.com/Education/Skill/Brisa-Lite-Build-It

I love BL sculpting! I use as a NNO where the BL Smoothing still isn't enough. I found clients have managed to grow out their natural nails with the help of BL sculpting with no damage. Shellac can be applied on top, and buffed off when it comes to rebalancing.

Great stuff! xx

I think I might use it for that. But you have to put it on in a different way than the Smoothing Gel don't you?

I think I might use it for that. But you have to put it on in a different way than the Smoothing Gel don't you?

Yes you do - it's a thicker in viscosity so easy to "build" on top of the natural nail. You don't need to flash cure the nails either - it stays put whilst you're finishing the whole hand.

I don't do many french sets with this, I like the clear to use under Shellac xx

You need the Brisa Lite Build It course if you don't do enhancements and just want to repair broken nails. I've pasted a link, hope it works!

Brisa Lite Build It

Thanks CeeCee. I would like also to be able to use the brisa lite like sculpting gel as an overlay on those who have weaker nails. You can never have too much education so hopefully I will learn from the gel nail course and then be prepared for brisa lites.x

I'm doing the brisa lite sculpting course this weekend in Edinburgh, can't wait :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you do - it's a thicker in viscosity so easy to "build" on top of the natural nail. You don't need to flash cure the nails either - it stays put whilst you're finishing the whole hand.

I don't do many french sets with this, I like the clear to use under Shellac xx

Ahh. I'm soo happy you can do this, I'll use it for that then instead of an enhancement, I would also just buy the clear as I would do "forever french" with CND Shellac 😊😊😊 *happy geek*

Also, how much would you charge for..

BL Sculpting Gel as a NNO on its own?
BL Sculpting Gel + Shellac on top?

Also, how much would you charge for..

BL Sculpting Gel as a NNO on its own?
BL Sculpting Gel + Shellac on top?

I charge £20 for NNO, and £30 for it with Shellac on top (my Shellac service is normally £20 so I charge half this on top).

Hope this helps! xx

I charge £20 for NNO, and £30 for it with Shellac on top (my Shellac service is normally £20 so I charge half this on top).

Hope this helps! xx

OK. That sounds good.
I charge £20 for Shellac and and £24 for BL Smooting Gel + Shellac already, thank you x

Im getting my nails done this week to see what I think of it :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back