Brisa Lite Smoothing/Sculpting Gel over Shellac for nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I normally imbed my gems into BL Smoothing/Sculpting Gel but a client I have wants a colour on first.

Could I do:
Shellac Base - cure
Shellac Colour - cure
Shellac Colour - cure
Brisa Lite Smoothing/Sculpting imbed gems then cure

If she chooses Gelish can I put BL on top of that? I don't usually mix systems but I know I need to extra strength on BL to hold everything into place.

Any advise would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Nemo x

I'm not 100% sure but it's my understanding that you can only use BL under shellac not on top. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Most people just imbed gems into shellac top coat. Why not do that?!x

Hi Geeks,

I normally imbed my gems into BL Smoothing/Sculpting Gel but a client I have wants a colour on first.

Could I do:
Shellac Base - cure
Shellac Colour - cure
Shellac Colour - cure
Brisa Lite Smoothing/Sculpting imbed gems then cure

If she chooses Gelish can I put BL on top of that? I don't usually mix systems but I know I need to extra strength on BL to hold everything into place.

Any advise would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Nemo x

I'm not sure about shellac but with Gelish, I set the gems into the second colour coat before curing, and then pop a drop of tio over the gem before topping off on the whole nail. I think some people do two tio'd or could you set in some structure gel if you have that?

Hopefully someone will come back to you about shellac xx

I don't like to cover the gems so they don't lose their sparkle...

I find that they just don't last with regular top coat but in the BL Smoothing/Sculpting gel they last for ages!

I don't like to cover the gems so they don't lose their sparkle...

I find that they just don't last with regular top coat but in the BL Smoothing/Sculpting gel they last for ages!

If you dont mind me asking when you set them into Brisa Lite how do you normally do it? In the uncured Brisa lite top coat or in the uncured gel itself?

If you dont mind me asking when you set them into Brisa Lite how do you normally do it? In the uncured Brisa lite top coat or in the uncured gel itself?

No top coat just cure them in the gel. Sparkle and they don't move!

No top coat just cure them in the gel. Sparkle and they don't move!

Did you ever try this or get an answer? I don't find my studs or crystals stay on with just shellac top coat, so would like to know if it is possible to add brisa lite to top of shellac/art to seal?

Latest posts

Back