Brisa OR L&P OR Both?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurax

Reaction score
hi girls... just wondering for those of you who use creative (the majority of the site i know!!) are u able to do both brisa and l&p or just one of these?? and for those of u who do both... why?? is it just so u have the option for ur clients ?? sorry if this is silly question and thankyou in advance xx

this isnt a silly question flower............alot of geeks offer both services as some clients prefer one over the other (as you have already realised) :hug:

Last edited:
hi girls... just wondering for those of you who use creative (the majority of the site i know!!) are u able to do both brisa and l&p or just one of these?? I can do both

and for those of u who do both... why?? is it just so u have the option for ur clients ?? It's exactly for that reason! I trained in L+P origianally and tbh most people don't care what you use! But I was getting calls from clients asking 'do you do gel nails?' and if I said 'no' they went somewhere else.

Now I say 'yes' and we make an appt.... But when I see them if I ask 'why gel?' they usually don't have a good reason - they've read about it in a magazine, think it's better for their nails, etc...... 9 times out of 10 I can use the product I want to anyway......

Also, there are clients that wear one better than the other as well.

sorry if this is silly question and thankyou in advance xx

Not a sill question at all!!

One last thing - although I offer L+P and Brisa I use L+P 99% of the time......

hth's

I use every system.

I do it to be able to perform any nail service anyone ever asks me to do and I also do it because learning new systems has kept me challenged in my profession .

I am always learning something new to keep the old brain going and to increase my skill level.

I would have been bored years ago if what I had learned on my first nail course was all I ever had to learn to do nails as a profession.

Last but not least .. knowing everything one can know about the profession in which one is involved makes one the expert.

I offer 3 systems -
L&P ~ by far my most popular system
Brisa ~ not so popular, but great for toes imo!
Fibreglass ~ no-one ever asks for it and if I offer it they dont want it! I use it for natural nail repairs and my own nails!

I offer all 3 systems becasue I can, each has their induvidual benefits and strengths.

L&P was the 1st system I trained with simply because that is the systems CND use for their Foundation course, I love it!! I think it will always be my fav system!

xxxxxx:hug:

I offer 3 systems -
L&P ~ by far my most popular system
Brisa ~ not so popular, but great for toes imo!
Fibreglass ~ no-one ever asks for it and if I offer it they dont want it! I use it for natural nail repairs and my own nails!

I offer all 3 systems becasue I can, each has their induvidual benefits and strengths.

L&P was the 1st system I trained with simply because that is the systems CND use for their Foundation course, I love it!! I think it will always be my fav system!

xxxxxx:hug:

Not sure it is a fair statement to say that gel is "not so popular" ... Better to say it is not so popular in YOUR salon (in my opinion), because what you like doing the best is what will be the most popular in your salon and what customers will know is your area of expertise.

Consciously or unconsciously we push what we like doing the best, and that is what ends up being the most popular in your salon.

I offer all 3 systems as I like the choice and to be able to give clients the choice as well........I prob do mostly l&p but recently I have had a lot of new clients ringing up wanting gel overlays so am doing quite a lot of Brisa now....gel toes are very popular in my salon in the summer months,I very rarely do fabric, I have a couple of ladies that have it, but tbh I dont enjoy it as much as l&p and gel, so thats prob why!:)

Not sure it is a fair statement to say that gel is "not so popular" ... Better to say it is not so popular in YOUR salon (in my opinion), because what you like doing the best is what will be the most popular in your salon and what customers will know is your area of expertise.

Consciously or unconsciously we push what we like doing the best, and that is what ends up being the most popular in your salon.
Ooopps!! :o I meant to say that Brisa is not so popular in MY salon!

I also do l&p, Brisa & fibreglass.

L&p for majority of clients, a few have Brisa but, like hayls, its mostly on toes and nobody has EVER asked for fibreglass! I have done the training in all 3 systems and keep stock of all of them so I can do whatever the client prefers. However, I generally only get asked for l&p. I think its just what people are used to in my area.

I must admit that I prefer l&p as it is what I first trained in and I have more variety in powders so can do more with it. I do like Brisa but I can't use glitter with it (I know it is possible but I can't do it!) so I tend to only use the standard french look with gel. I try not to push one more than the other but I think people pick up on my enthusiasm for l&p :)

I use both L&P and Brisa Gels. I no longer offer fabric wraps, those clients usually want light and flexible, so I talk them into Brisa.

I heavily favored L&P at first, then gel seemed so easy to do, so I had more clients wearing that, now it's pretty much half and half. Specific enhancements should be PRESCRIBED for specific customers, and I have all of them covered... I can't even say i like one over the other anymore!

I do both l&p & brisa.
All my enhancements for hands are l&p, I use brisa for toes only, but now with the brisa colours, i've started to offer gel on the hands too as an overlay only.

And it's true, I don't like doing a gel set at all!! I have a lot of call for it.... but I persuade them into l&p instead because I like it better!!

Obviously not offering what may be best for the client in this istance but l&p has never let me down! xxx

Latest posts

Back