Broken capillaries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Layla

Reaction score
Could someone suggest the best method for removal or reduction of broken capillaries on the face?
Thank you x

Laser. IPL, electrolysis, sclerotherapy, veinwave are the options

I have suffered from thread veins for years and have tried electrolosys, IPL and laser treatment. By far the most effective for me is the laser (but the most expensive) although the IPL came in a very close second. electrolosys for me is the most painful (especially around the nose and cheek bones) and leaves tiny scabs where the veins have been zapped!

I have diathermy (form of electrolysis i believe) around my nose for thread veins. It is very effective on me and was more effective and cheaper than IPL. It may be that different skins react differently??

It does nip. I won't lie to you! But I don't think it's that bad, I simply grit my teeth and bear it in the knowledge that the veins will vanish in a week or two. I also have sclerotherapy on my leg veins and this has been amazingly effective and doesn't seem to hurt a bit. Hth x

Thanks ladies they arnt like thread veins but like broken veins 3 quite large dots not like spider veins, and they are on my sons face and he is very conscious of them. I'm not sure what to do about it. ?

Theybsound like spider veins to me. Get them checked first by your gp next time he is seeing the doctor. I treat thread veins on the legs and face All the time with Vein Gogh, same as Vein Wave. I have lots of happy customers after treatment.

electrolosys for me is the most painful (especially around the nose and cheek bones) and leaves tiny scabs where the veins have been zapped!

Like many things, results and experience depends upon operator. One of the great advantages of electrolysis is the ability to get very close to the eye, much closer than I'd want to go with laser.

If you had tiny scabs then you would have been treated with a diathermy method. Personally, I treat clients with a blend technique, which is much less painful as the heat is much much lower and doesn't result in any scabbing, also the result is less localised due to the flowing of the lye and thus treats a wider stretch of capillary.

As far as I know Sterex are the only training provide who trains in this modality, so if looking for a practitioner you could searching their website for someone trained by them in ACP.

Latest posts

Back