Brown bruising on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautystudio

Reaction score
I have done acrylics for years. I love doing them. I don’t use electric files. This is my friends daughter (19) Iv been doing her nails since September 2019. She’s had new sets and they are always fine. Since lockdown she soaked them off with acetone but apparently ‘used a tool’ to get them off because she got impatient. Then she put gels on straight away. I wondered if it was a heat spike from the gels or where she removed them with a tool. She isn’t saying it’s my fault I was just wondering if anybody had seen this before?! Many thanks xx

Attachments

• BE45F4C1-C149-43CE-9C11-924F8318FBB2.jpeg
    BE45F4C1-C149-43CE-9C11-924F8318FBB2.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 45
Blimey! she went at them a little too hard, they're bruises and nail plate damage, possibly nail bed too, only time will tell if she'll have permanent damage ridges going forward. She'll have to wait for the damage to grow out. I'd be advising her to do nothing more than apply a normal nail polish if she wants to hide the damage.

I agree with Trinity and if you look at the index and ring fingers there is evidence showing the nail plate damage.

Latest posts

Back