Brown roots and black ends?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
Hi everyone, please move this question to ask a pro if needed.

I have dyed black hair (with red dye underneath) that's been dyed black with professional colour.

My roots have came through and they are around a level 5 brown and I like the colour less harsh on my face then the black.

I want to remove the black as my roots have grown through a lot but unsure on how to this as I don't want to damage my hair so would like a gentle way to do it or would I just need to grow it out? My hair is in good condition atm

You know what our advice is going to be..... :)

Go see your hairdresser, don't try to fix it yourself and you know we can't give technical info to non-hairdressers. Sorry

You know what our advice is going to be..... :)

Go see your hairdresser, don't try to fix it yourself and you know we can't give technical info to non-hairdressers. Sorry

I have my NVQ in hairdressing ... I was asking for advice on how other people would go about it eg beach or colour remover

Def go see a hairdresser. I know you have done your training but this sort of thing is best left to someone else to do for you. Too awkward to do your own hair.

If the black is a permanent tint, I'd recommend using a colour reducer but it would be virtually impossible to do it yourself and get an even look. You definitely need a competent hairdressing buddy to help you out.

Latest posts

Back