Bruised Toenail - Split

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghughes

Reaction score
Hi all

I had a bruise on my toenail and it was a little ingrown as well on he right hand side of the nail - the bruising started from the left, I went to the doc she had a look and said it was most likely caused by an injury, Now I was messing about with it and cut it straight across with a clippers and it seems that there is a new nail growing underneath and the old one is growing off but where it is growing off it has split and looks like it could come off

I had a pedicure yesterday and was told I have transverse lines (beaus lines?) across my toe - I also notice there is a constant dull pain in my big toe itself in the middle - any suggestions what this might be?

Thanks

Hi all

I had a bruise on my toenail and it was a little ingrown as well on he right hand side of the nail - the bruising started from the left, I went to the doc she had a look and said it was most likely caused by an injury, Now I was messing about with it and cut it straight across with a clippers and it seems that there is a new nail growing underneath and the old one is growing off but where it is growing off it has split and looks like it could come off

I had a pedicure yesterday and was told I have transverse lines (beaus lines?) across my toe - I also notice there is a constant dull pain in my big toe itself in the middle - any suggestions what this might be?

Thanks

Cant help or give any suggestions as to what it might be but i have something similar.

I dropped a bag containing 2 large bottles of wine on my big toe and let me tell you it ruddy well hurt, so much so that i sat holding my foot rocking back and forth nearly in tears!

The following day it was huge with the swelling but funny enough it never bruised (i have noticed some nail seperation on the inner side and my natural smile line is a grimmace at one side now):lol:

I have a constant dull pain which seems to be in the centre of my big toe and some times i grab the toe and feel like squeezing the life out of it to make it stop. I have a feeling i have some nerve damage and this maybe whats causing the pain.:rolleyes:

ugh my toenails bruise SO easily. about 2 mos ago, i BARELY tapped my pinky toe on a cheap foam walmart flip flop laying in the floor and the entire thing is black. its almost grown out now tho.

as soon as it grows out, i'll do another. id just gotten 3 black toenails grown out from smashing them at work last yr. *sigh* (2 fell completely off)

pft i just looked down and noticed my big toenail is black on the end from where the cat knocked the broom down on it earlier! :rolleyes: at least its on the end

thank goodness i like dark polish hahaha

Latest posts

Back