brushes... advice??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesbica

Reaction score
i have been training part time for many weeks now, 10... roughly but the brush that we were given in class was a Hawley - pure kolinsky sable-7 though i find it soooo hard to use... i find it hard because the strands of sable hair are sooo long ...

i much prefer the shorer hair ones but at the moment i am only using a cheapish one and find that it can not hold alot of liquid....

is there a rule to the type of brush you use....
i just fine the cats tounge and short haired brushes are so much easier....

I would say the brush makes alot of difference to the quality of nails you produce. At first i couldn't get on with anything but a small brush. Once i got to grips with what i was doing i then got myself a much bigger brush and learnt how to pick up the right amount of liquid for the product i was using.

At least with a large brush you can pick up alot or a little, depending on the size bead you want. It also depends on what product you use to the ratio you need, so all products are different.

Try not to go for a cheap brush as they don't tend to hold a good amount of liquid monomer so then your ratio is wrong, hope this helps.

I think everyone is individual. The trouble is, that brushes are so expensive!
I use one from NSI and completely fell in love with it! Once you get a brush you like, you will know! I spent ages thinking it was me doing everything wrong but once I bought my new brush, things improved no end.
I don't think there is a set rule, but I'm still quite new so I might be wrong!
Let us know what happens and if you get a new one!

Sam X

Latest posts

Back