Budget VAT Changes??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StaceyLee

Reaction score
I have been told that there have been some changes to VAT regarding beauticians, nail techs and hairdressers? Does anybody know what they are?

If you are self employed and rent a room/ chair you now have to pay the salon owner vat on your rental. Some S/E will already be paying it but there were grey areas and people circum navigated Vat. They have essentially closed off the grey areas and say you have to pay VAT . ;)

Thanks for your help I didn’t really understand what the rules were and I couldn’t find anything online, am I right in thinking it doesn’t come into effect until October? J

Thanks for your help I didn’t really understand what the rules were and I couldn’t find anything online, am I right in thinking it doesn’t come into effect until October? J

Not sure when would have to check!

Just spoke to my dad he's an account n follows the budget! It only applies if your already vat registered or the salon you rent space in is

Latest posts

Back