Buff off gel removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacytree

Reaction score
I shall start by saying I clearly need more training and I'm saving every last penny I can to get that training. But for now I'd really appreciate your advice.

Do you leave a little layer of gel on the nail when you remove? If so, how do you make it look good?

I keep buffing too far because it just looks so patchy and messy. I know it's a real skill to learn when to stop but I'm just not getting it. Pictures would be a huge help if you could. Thanks :irked:

Last edited:
Hi, yes you do leave a very thin layer of gel on the nail, once You get down to the thin layer You should go down to a fine file and buff gently until I get a nice shine, then I offer the client the option of colour or clear polish, I love as my final buff the opi 220/280 flex, leaves them looking lovely and it's gentle on the skin as so soft and flexible if you do touch the clients fingers.

Thanks Maz. Maybe I'm needing a finer grit file. I use 180 to remove bulk then as gentle as possible with a 240 foam file. 280 would be a much better idea. I do use cuticle oil and a buffer to shine at the end. It just always looks like a messy patch. Is that normal or can you make it "invisble"?

And thanks for answering. I'm at my witts end.

Yes you should be able to get it virtually invisible except for close inspection :)

Thank you. I will get the hang of this eventually. ;)

Latest posts

Back