Buffers & files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachylady

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a newbie and this is my first post! I was just wondering how to clean/sanitise my buffer between clients and if most people give the client the file they used on them or if they just use sani spray between clients and hope that is enough. Thanks.

Hello and welcome!

I use Mundo's file and abrasive spray sanitizer. It is superb. I always spray my file in front of the client. I do tend to give them away but if they're not individually wrapped, I like the client to see them being sanitised.

Overkill probably! But that's me all over ;)

xx

Welcome to SG!

The way I like to do it is to use fresh files on every client throughout the day but save the files up in a little bag then at the end of the day wash with soap and hot water and a scrub brush, rinse thoroughly, pat dry and leave on a towel to dry overnight. In the morning you have a set of fresh clean files, sanitised and free of dust.

Check with the manufacturer of the files you are using to find out what they recommend, you could also check with your insurance provider to see if they have a stipulation.

I use brand new files for every single client, every single time.

I do the same as shortshadylady and wee fee. My files are always cleaned and sanitised every single time but they are not new every single time, nor do they have to be. I do not work on diseased nails and I use Mundo, hospital grade file disinfectant after washing. Files are clean and dry in the morning, and then sprayed lightly again in front of the client.

If it is the law where you live then you must comply with that ... Fortunately here in the UK it is not law to use a new file, but to use a clean properly sanitised file which is being both responsible and affordable.

Latest posts

Back