Build a nail desk with dust extractor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Howdy all... and please forgive me for not searching (but I wasn't quite sure how to phrase it...).

But, my daughter has had allergy tests and is allergic to dust & dustmites.
Having said that, I need to reduce the dust from my work more. I have a table top dust-extractor... but I want something better.

The problem, I can't afford one of those fancy jobbies with it already built in.

So, my question is this: what do you suggest I can use to build my own that is on the quiet side and more effective than the 30$ table top version...
OR
where would I find one of the ones that attaches to the E-file itself with a pen-sized hose?

Keeping her 'out' of my work room is not an option as it's my front living room, right off the front door, right next to the stairs that lead to the bedrooms and right next to the kitchen as well. It doesn't have doors and the opening is too wide to put doors on it.

We have a thermopump for heating with our oil and vents everywhere and 1 of the 2 'intake vents' is in the room I'm working, so that dust is pulled into the heating system and likely spit back out again everywhere else, despite the filter on the furnace.

Any ideas GREATLY appreciated!!
thanks!

gina silvestro supplies those vacuum hose attatchments for the efile.

Do you have a Cental Vac in your home?
Gina's attachment can be hooked on your existing Cetral Vac.

Thanks for letting me know about Gina.

As for central vac.. nope, don't have that.
So what would I buy to put under/beside my table to be the 'vaccuum' that's ultra quiet? (especially since I work mostly at night and don't want too much racket waking kids just up the stairs from me).
Do you think the hardware store would have something?

THANKS!!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the type of vacuum or similar that I could purchase for this?

THANKS

Miele has a nice vacuum that is quiet and it has remote control:)

I'll look up Miele, never heard of it. THANKS!

I went to Gina Silvestro's site and couldn't find the page with the dust pen vaccuum thingy......

Anyone got a link?

Thanks!!!

About the "Miele" vacuum, I was on their site, and couldn't find the vacuum with remote? What name should I look for?
thanks again!

Latest posts

Back