Builder/hard gels and gel polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, what are your thoughts on nailstechs applying gel polishes over builder or hard gels? I think unless you are providing a shellac gelish service you should only be applying colour builder gels!
Also what is thia about applying gel polish over acrylics?

I m sorry but your post does not make a lot of sense. Are you asking a question or for opinions.

Also what is thia about applying gel polish over acrylics?

Is there a reason why you don't think this is a 'thing'?

Applying gel polish over acrylics is quite normal for some techs.

If your client wants to extend her nails and have chip free colour, then applying gel polish over acrylic or hard gel is the best way to go. There's nothing strange or abnormal about it. although generally standard nail polish sticks to enhancements better than a natural nail as it tends to grip better. Are you trying to make a point or just confused. Not being sarcastic just curious.

If it's out of curiosity, I can tell you why I use gel polish over enhancements instead of hard gel. :) It's simply more cost and time effective. Gel polish is flexible enough to be used on both natural nails and enhancements, so I can use the same for either or. It also brings up the price of a set of enhancement when a client chooses to have gel polish instead of regular polish. It's very rare these days to have a client that picks just the one color each and every visit. It's easier to file off the thin layers of gel polish and change the color or french finish than it is to thin down colored acrylic or gel to rebalance or change color.

Latest posts

Back