Building a client base.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissa

Reaction score
Hi gilrs/guys,
I've just started out on my own after working in a not nice although very busy salon !

I have rented a room but don't seem to be intising many client even though i have offers on fb (some of you will have been added already)
Lisa's nails.

How do i get butts in the seats im only just making my rent some weeks where as before i was soooo busy !! the area isn't that great but it's allo i could find ..

Any advice would be great and please have a look at my work i qualified in july this year after taking an evening course although i took an en course 3 yrs ago x
Welcome to Facebook

Hi gilrs/guys,
I've just started out on my own after working in a not nice although very busy salon !

I have rented a room but don't seem to be intising many client even though i have offers on fb (some of you will have been added already)
Lisa's nails.

How do i get butts in the seats im only just making my rent some weeks where as before i was soooo busy !! the area isn't that great but it's allo i could find ..

Any advice would be great and please have a look at my work i qualified in july this year after taking an evening course although i took an en course 3 yrs ago x
Welcome to Facebook

It sounds like your old salon had already built up a clientelle so had customers for you as soon as you started.

Now you're starting out on your own, you'll have to build the clients up yourself and this takes time unfortunately!

Do you have a website? lots of people search the internet when looking for a salon. Is the room you've rented in a hairdressers or anything? If it is, you coud get your nail skills out on the other girls and ask them to let there clients know you did them. Try having a chat with local businesses, especially hair dressers and wedding shops, clothing shops and offer to place some sort of advertising in your room for them if they do the same for you.

Facebook pages are great for keeping your current clientelle interested and gaining the odd client here and there, but until they are on your like list, they will physically have to come looking for you to see what you're providing. Get you services out there and let them know about you :green:

i built up a good client base at the salon took me a few months i was s.employed i couldn't tell them where iwas going as she's a bit of a dragon and has already threatened me with solicitors for putting photos of my work on facvebook even though i did the work and took the pics !

Hi gilrs/guys,

Lisa's nails.

Welcome to Facebook
Like the others have said its really down to promoting your business and starting from scratch...

Get your website designed and up and running , and then take some time and look at the free advertising opportunites on the internet, you can upload your site to so many free business directories and to free ad sites ( some of these rank on googles first page).

Go onto google/bing and type in the service you are offering and see where your competitors advertise, and create some ads using your keywords and your ads and your site will start to appear...

When I first started the days that I was quiet was the days I spent researching the net, looking at ways to expand and create your presence..

It does pay off.. but you have to put a bit into..

Whilst facebook is very good its really not enough..
With so many other therapists out there you need to work hard to establish yourself...

Good luck with your new business and its much better to take the plunge and do your own thing....

Now start working on your website!!
Thanks
Jack

Best way to get clients is to make every set your best, never cut corners and provide a nice atmosphere with a friendly face.
It takes time but word of mouth will build you a good business, special offers may help but don't let them be all your about charge properly, take photos, use nail art boards/minx samples (if you do them)/colour pops to display everything you do.
Use facebook to promote your work add a facebook group to the bottom of your price list so you can display your work on there.
It does take time, but you will get there...nails are a great thing to advertise as they sell themselves!

Latest posts

Back