Burnt hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
Hello, I'm over from the beauty side in just after a little bit of advice.
I have my hair bleached white all over its short. On my crown and other areas now my hair is like candy floss it's really frizzy on the ends it's started in the last 4 months my hairdresser says it's because I have my head near my table lamp doing nails but I'm not convinced. Because I work next door he puts the colour on and washes it all out but leaves me to dry it so he isn't seeing the condition of it properly.
Is there anything I can use oil,serum etc to help but some life back in i, I've tried letting it dry on its own and not straightening it as much but it takes FOREVER to dry and it breaks of when wet. I've put a picture of a bit before its been straightend.
Hope someone can help its doing my head in .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360661615.149920.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360661615.149920.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,725
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360661630.629290.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360661630.629290.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,161
Schwarzkopf Oil Miracle! I fried my hair and I've been using Wella Professionals Brilliance shampoo and mask, and my oil miracle and in a week it's settled down a lot.

Hello, I'm over from the beauty side in just after a little bit of advice.
I have my hair bleached white all over its short. On my crown and other areas now my hair is like candy floss it's really frizzy on the ends it's started in the last 4 months my hairdresser says it's because I have my head near my table lamp doing nails but I'm not convinced. Because I work next door he puts the colour on and washes it all out but leaves me to dry it so he isn't seeing the condition of it properly.
Is there anything I can use oil,serum etc to help but some life back in i, I've tried letting it dry on its own and not straightening it as much but it takes FOREVER to dry and it breaks of when wet. I've put a picture of a bit before its been straightend.
Hope someone can help its doing my head in .

Oh dear, looks abit poorly! Id try not having it coloured as much, how often do u have it done?
Because its short its hard to just apply to the roots so the ends end up getting more bleach on and subsequently become more damaged!
I adore macadamia oil spray. And the hair mask. You can spray it on an leave it to dry, I've found even the most snapped candyfloss hairs I've come across have dried nicely with this :)
As for the heat lamp, unless its directly over your head I cant see it causing you much damage x

Oh dear, looks abit poorly! Id try not having it coloured as much, how often do u have it done?
Because its short its hard to just apply to the roots so the ends end up getting more bleach on and subsequently become more damaged!
Agreed :green:

I use wella SP luxe oil & it is amazing but you should be doing a conditioning treatment at least once a week.!! ;)

The only sure way is to get it cut out sorry. Does the person do just your roots or straight through to ends? Are the ends bleached half way through? You only need the roots done and the ends kept clear. I know it can be hard but its still relatively simple to do just roots on short hair xoxo

Maybe to much over lapping on the previously prelightened hair... Use Kerastase Bain Architect and Masque Architect Shampoo&Conditioner. It's made for hair that's like Jelly, pretty much gone! Works amazing! Best stuff ever.

You need to find a hairstylist who cares enough about your hair to stop frying the ends!
Get a good cut then invest in Redken extreme, shamp, condition, Extreme cat, and iron repair

Thankyou all for your replies, I get it coloured usually every 5-6 weeks because its short and my roots look dark. He just does the roots leaves it washes out drys a little and then puts a pastel toner on which he puts on the roots and then combs through to the ends. It's all wella products. I've been going to him since I was 14 I'm 23 now he's always done a great job but I'm getting concerned that it's breaking off :/
I will try your options though thankyou all xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back