Business apps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie--x

Reaction score
Does anyone have a mobile app for their business? If so who did you go through to build it?

Hi Ellie,

We have recently started building apps for our clients. You can look at one of our clients if you search on your phone for 'The Retreat Yeovil' it will come up :)

I have an app for my salon. I was approached by a company who offered to do it for £100 pm plus vat. They said they had no control over these charges, they were what is charged by play store and the app store which turned out to be totally untrue so fortunately I hadn't gone ahead! I then contacted the company who supplies my software, Salon Iris, and they did me a fab app which has my online booking integrated into it. We also use it for loyalty zaps. 6 zaps and they get a tenner of their next treatment.
It's available on Google play store - bliss and beauty!

Vic x

My personal opinion is that apps you need to install from the AppStore or PlayStore are a waste of time. If someone is looking for a salon they are going to look in Google, not in the AppStore, so you are better with a mobile enabled website. An app might be useful for your existing clients to feel special but won't bring new business.

My personal opinion is that apps you need to install from the AppStore or PlayStore are a waste of time. If someone is looking for a salon they are going to look in Google, not in the AppStore, so you are better with a mobile enabled website. An app might be useful for your existing clients to feel special but won't bring new business.
That's generally what they're used for.

Our clients use them for:
1. Loyalty Cards
2. Booking Requests
3. Direct line into peoples pocket to send push notifications of last minute appointments or special offers and it's something they can't ignore!

Last edited:

1. Loyalty Cards
2. Booking Requests
3. Direct line into peoples pocket to send push notifications of last minute appointments or speak offers and it's something they can't ignore!
Exactly x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

1. Loyalty Cards
2. Booking Requests
3. Direct line into peoples pocket to send push notifications of last minute appointments or special offers and it's something they can't ignore!

I am so bad with technology but this does sound really interesting, does this work for smaller businesses too?

I am so bad with technology but this does sound really interesting, does this work for smaller businesses too?
Absolutely. It's a great new tool for small businesses and is the way things are going. Think of it this way, it's literally a direct line into your customers lives. Who doesn't have a smartphone these days?!

We aren't exactly a big business. We introduced an app and have found clients really loving it. It encourages rebooking through the loyalty scheme and we can do special app promos so those with the app will get first dibs on promotions, special discounts etc.

Vic x

Thanks for all your replies!! I'll take a look now

Latest posts

Back