Business | Can't Decide On A Nail Shade? It's In The Stars (Only In L.A.)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
LA-LA Land has come up trumps again in terms of sending us the next crazy nail service. We've all been there; that moment when you're dithering at the salon because you just can't decide what nail colour to go for. Disaster. What on earth do you do? Well, according to the West Los Angeles boutique nail salon Enamel Diction, you ask the stars.

The salon is offering 'Colorstrology' - a personalised astrological profile in colour that gets translated to your nails. Don't worry though - they're not making this up as they go along. They've only gone and get themselves a resident astrologer - something every nail salon needs (sarcasm noted) - Rose Theodora.

Together, Theodora and in-house nail techs, Fariha Ali, Olina Bishop, and Tommy Nguyen create a personalized nail design specific to a client’s astrological chart.

"We are taking nail art to a new level and creating a unique experience," Theodora says. "The nail techs are amazingly talented and they get the whole color astrology thing and have been instrumental in making color astrology accessible and tangible."

A new level indeed...but a new level of what? Crazy?

It's not cheap either. The colorstrology menu offers three options including Color Analysis ($65), a basic 15-minute color analysis reading by Theodora to identify go-to hues and colour recommendations and a horoscope nail design; Color Scope ($90), a 30-minute color analysis specific to aesthetic expression including fashion and home décor and a personalized nail art; and Natal Chart ($145), a 60-minute in-depth custom color astrology based natal chart to bring desired results and a personalized nail design.

"Colour astrology is a personalized step beyond simply recommending colors that match a person's colouring, or style," says Theodora. "I am able to help the client understand why certain colours resonate with them and to accurately advise people to wear colours based on their astrological natal (birth chart), so they are able to benefit from their manicure in a subtle yet therapeutic way."

In my humble opinion, I don't need to benefit from my manicure in a subtle or a therapeutic way - I just want great looking nails. Right?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 08.02.59.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 08.02.59.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back