Business is slow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
Is business slow for everyone at the min?

I havent been doing it very long but thought things would have picked up a bit by now but maybe I am being a bit too eager.

I have been doing spray tanning for about 5 or 6 months now and was doing this of an evening after my full time job. I done a promotion at a gym, flyers sent around, flyers left in shops/bars.

Since then I have trained with Bio Sculpture and have my asessment in 2 weeks. So now I am trying to advertise that to get clients interested and booking in. But not sure where to start with advertising.

I have also given up my full time job and do this full time as I wanted to give it my all and could not find the time to do everything to set up while at full time job. In 2 weeks I also start college 3 days per week until December. So wanted to get lots of clients to fit into the days I am not at college to hopefully get a good client base by the time i finish college and also get my exisiting clients interested in teh new treatments i have to offer.

Like I say i have 2 weeks until i start so want to make the most of this time in getting my business up and running. I have also made a website. Have just run out of ideas of what else to do.

ANy help would be great with what to do next. x

I've definitely been quieter, put it down to school hols, everyone is away and obviously most will come back with a tan, plus if you have children you dont really want to take them with you (or I wouldnt, have all on going to the shops with them and keeping them in some sort of order !). Am sure it will pick up once they are back at school.xx

oopps sorry ! As for ideas I did a search on free advertising and you can throw your details into loads of different directory sites ie. golocal. Only thing is you end up getting calls from some of them trying to sell you a more glitzy ad. Just tell them you're busy and to ring back or flatly say you're not interested because otherwise they will keep you on the phone for ages !! xx

Hayley,
the spray tan business is relatively seasonal and predictable.
Right now,generally speaking,spray tanning is relatively slow....however once the schools go back and folk are back from holidays things tend to pick up shortly after.

On marketing..well be carefully not to over spend..use your money wisley..test different options until you find the right one which is cost effective relative to your budget and return.

Get as many flyers (free from your brand supplier) business cards (free from Vista print) out and about your local area.
Tie in with other salons that dint offer the services you do..maybe go in once a week to theirs and develop some sort of profit share split with the owner...likewise Gym's etc also need targeting.

Good luck with your efforts :hug:

Latest posts

Back