Business Name/Domain Name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LorraineE

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Do you still register a new business name on Companies House - is this the only company? If a business name is available for use, what do I do next to secure it?

Also how do I go about getting a domain name, website name and email address - I would want everything to have the same name as the business name. I've heard of 123 reg mentioned, but don't know who are best to use? Would I have to do it all myself, i.e. set it all up and is there someone to help. At this moment in time I would like to make sure that I am able to use a certain business name etc, although I'm not in a position to start up a business yet because I am still training. I like to think ahead and secure a business name in advance. The actual website will come afterwards.

I'm new to all of this and would welcome any feedback/tips from geeks who have already done this.

Thank you in anticipation.

Lorraine

I would also appreciate any info that anyone can offer on this. Thanks xx

If you're a sole trader you don't need to register with Companies House. It's a good idea to search for your name on 123 to see whether anyone else has already bought the domain. If not, buy it, it's only a few quid per year. You can then use gmail as a free email host - so [email protected] rather than [email protected]

Thank your for your advice :) much appreciated xx

Hi
I did my web site through Webs. When I was on there making my website I could check to see if the domain was free. If it was I could buy it.
Whoever you make your website through should let you do this

Latest posts

Back