business slow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranquil girl

Reaction score
Please can anyone help, I have had a few really bad months where I am getting no clients for nails in my salon, I wear nails all the time so I can advertise them and people look but no one comes in how can I get new clients. My salon is within a ladies gym is anyone else within other business. can anyone give me some idea's.

Love to all

Sorry to hear you feel this way but think of it this way, it can only get better & the only way is up!!

Have a look on the search facility as I'm sure there'll be tons of ideas but where abouts have you advertised in the gym? Put posters EVERYWHERE so no-one can miss you - every notice board, changing rooms, loos, relaxing areas (OMG I sound like I've actually know what the inside of a gym looks like! At the gym I break into a sweat, one day I'll make it inside! Hee hee!)

How about asking the gym to include you in any deals they have on?

Maybe even visit a different gym & have a look around for good advertisment space. Obviously you couldn't advertise your business in a rival gym but I mean it as fresh space to look at to give you ideas?

Good luck with it & I hope it all goes well. If it works tell everyone about it on here so other geeks can benefit from your knowledge

Shannon x

Good luck with it anyway.

Hiya,

I've spent the best part of my life as an advertising rep, so i consider myself to be clued in in this area! I'm not bad at nails either!

Go in the car park & put leaflet on the cars, ( I hate that when it happens to me but I look at it all the same) offer an incentive to all gym members such as free nail gems or nail art for all bookings/new sets/clients or gift vouchers bought in November for example.

Ask the gym if they do mail outs and ask to put your leaflet in with it?

Have you tried the local press? I started with mine local press with a 3x1 wich is roughly an inch square advert in 'Health & Beauty' in the classified section and cost me about £12 a week, it brought me in about 3/4 new clients weekly. I don't advertise now only on Yell.com & Yellow Pages.

HTH XX

tranquil girl said:
Please can anyone help, I have had a few really bad months where I am getting no clients for nails in my salon, I wear nails all the time so I can advertise them and people look but no one comes in how can I get new clients. My salon is within a ladies gym is anyone else within other business. can anyone give me some idea's.

Love to all

Yur not on your own - I have a few regulars who`re keeping me ticking over (just!) but I need a few more -

a) for the sponds and

b) I hate it when i`m not doing nails :cry:

Thanks for the advertising tip Bev!!! -

Hun business everywhere is down at the moment, you only have to look in the shops with all their offers and early sales, people just don't have the ready cash like they did.

And to depress you further, the economists are predicting the turnover of beauty business and sales to be down 25% on last year. In fact the only market they forecast doing well is people travelling abroad.

Hope that hasn't made you feel worse, but at least you know it's not something you are necessarily doing wrong. It's only my regulars that are keeping me afloat, my phone hardly rings these days, and I spend a fortune on advertising.

I think Sassys right, its the time of year hun.
People are catching up on saving from spending loads during the summer hols and panicking because of xmas. All the salons and hair dressers around here are almost dead and I am relying mostly on regulars to keep me going. Nows the time to take advantage of those school fairs and halloween parties and xmas parties ect. Get up a stall painting nails and some simple nail art and hand out leaflets. Not only will you make some money but the advertising is invaluable. It will raise your profile no end. It will get you into peoples heads for xmas nails.

When I worked for the local press, and for national magazines, it always better to do more than a 'one off',( you should also recieve a discount for a booking of 6 adverts) . Reasons for more than a one off are :-

Nobody reacts to a single one off advert, people have to see it 2 or 3 times before they'll make a decision, then when they do they look for your advert, if your not there then your opposition may get the call.

People expect to see you in certain places like the local paper or yellow pages(I was regional sales rep of the year for yellow pages). If they have been recommended to use you they need to be able to find you, there's a new classification called 'Nail Technicians' now too. I'm in my local one. It's cost me £116 + vat for a small 1.5cm high box acorss one column and you can pay by 10 monthly installments. Got be worth that - 1 new regular client will pay that off in no time!

Please feel free to ask me about any type of advert, i'd be happy to do layouts for you etc if you like.

HTH XX

i have been quiet too recently again its my regulars that are keeping me going
when kids go back to school in september people start counting down to christmas, i know i do and october and november is spent doing the christmas buy. i noticed last year that from the beginning of december is when you find yourself fitting in people all hours because thats when people start thinking about other things like christmas work do's and you dont seem to have enough hours in the day to fit everyone in.
on the positive its in december when you can really make good money with glitter tips and nail art...stuff that people usually dont wear during the rest of the year.
also retail selling is good in december too because everyone knows someone who likes beauty goods enamels etc...

Latest posts

Back