Business | St Albans Salon Is First To Be State Registered

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Clipso St Albans hair salon has become State Registered with The Hairdressing Council.

Clipso owner, Simon Cox SRH, understands the importance of being the first full salon to register with The Hairdressing Council.

"I feel it's important to show people that hairdressing is a serious profession and that all our hard work, training and technical knowledge is second to none," explained Cox.

"Professionalism is imperative in the hairdressing industry and I wanted to show the public and clients alike that we're serious and dedicated to delivering the best standards with the support of The Hairdressing Council.

"I'm immensely proud of the St Albans team and salon and I'm thrilled to say that we are all now State Registered by an initiative that is recognised by the government."

The Hairdressing Council was set up in 1964 by an Act of Parliament. Hairdressers can volunteer to become State Registered in the same way that doctors, dentists, or nurses can. The hope is that making the industry self-regulated will eliminate unqualified 'hairdressers' from practising without any experience.

Those who becomes State Registered will stand alongside supporters such as Richard Ward, Trevor Sorbie, Andrew Barton, Anthony Mascolo, Steven Goldsworthy, Lisa Shepherd, Mark Hill, Errol Douglas, Patrick Cameron and many more.

Those who become State Registered will receive the following benefits:

 Official recognition under the law: the Hairdressers Registration Act
 A Certificate underwritten by the law, by Act of Parliament
 The right to use the initials SRH after your name
 The right to apply for the Master Craftsman Diploma, possibly after just two years. Only State Registered Hairdressers can be Master Craftsmen in hairdressing
 Credentials you will find useful - or may need - if wanting to practise hairdressing in Europe, America or elsewhere
 Access to free advice on the SRH dedicated phone line
 Access to possibly the cheapest insurance cover available
 Every issue of the exclusive 'Hairdresser' magazine
 The possibility of attending a reception in the House of Commons to mix with politicians, industry figures and celebrity stylists

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 21.14.50.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 21.14.50.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back