Business using personal profile pages to do business!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastermjr2004

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Just wanted to vent my fustration here! I hate it that some businesses create a personal facebook page without an added business page advertising their business and making business from it as they have people asking about their products and prices and booking with them through the page. Now I understand it sounds like I am jealous, but I can assure that I am not. Its just that at the end of the day they are violating facebook rules as you are not supposed to use your personal page to function a business to make profit on the timeline as I do not think its fair for other businesses as we setup our pages legitimately. Whats annoying is that there is not really a fast way to report them.

Sometimes I hate facebook! LOL

Argghhh! lol excuse my rant!

We have both. Most of our friends are also likers. Why don't you do the same? Worst that can happen is Facebook will close it down and give you a slap on the wrist. As long as you're prepared for it. The chances of being closed down are slim but like I say it 'can' happen.

We have both. Most of our friends are also likers. Why don't you do the same? Worst that can happen is Facebook will close it down and give you a slap on the wrist. As long as you're prepared for it. The chances of being closed down are slim but like I say it 'can' happen.

Now i am sounding hypocritical lol, but i have tried to create one but the stumbling block is the name. As it rejects it when you enter your business name. What name did you sign up with the personal account if you dont mind me asking?

Now i am sounding hypocritical lol, but i have tried to create one but the stumbling block is the name. As it rejects it when you enter your business name. What name did you sign up with the personal account if you dont mind me asking?

It's difficult to fool it. Used to be a lot easier few years ago. The reason they don't want people being friend pages is because they want businesses to buy advertising with there pages.

We use First Name: BannerPenguin Surname: London so our whole URL is www.facebook.com/bannerpenguin.london

I am thinking of doing a profile rather than a page so I can interact with clients more! I'm guessing mine would be easy enough as my business is 'Isabella Mae'

I do both I use kahuna hair as my profile name & page name, why does it matter to you that people do that? I diddnt quite understand your post, some of my customers added my page & others my profile, some message the page & others the profile, I haven't done sponsored links yet but I usually create an advert on the page & then share it on my profile, I did wonder what others thought about it tbh

I have my business page and my personal page is just that, but I do share business statuses on my personal page, I can't see fb objects to business profiles, , it's no different to what I do when sharing a work status

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I deactivated my FB page a few years ago, so not in the loop anymore about it. Would someone mind telling me what the difference is between a business and personal page? What functions don't you have on a business page that you have on a personal page?

Currently my business page is linked to my personal page. If I created a personal profile for my business could I then get my business page transferred over to that or would I have to close it and create a new one? Hopefully that makes sense!

Facebook have and will eventually delete accounts that are for businesses!!! Then you will loose all those 'friends' it's far better and more professional to have a business page with likers and follow the rules for businesses set out by facebook I really don't think it's worth the risk!

I deactivated my FB page a few years ago, so not in the loop anymore about it. Would someone mind telling me what the difference is between a business and personal page? What functions don't you have on a business page that you have on a personal page?

Your profile is your personal account. A business page is a page for business that you set up.

Currently my business page is linked to my personal page. If I created a personal profile for my business could I then get my business page transferred over to that or would I have to close it and create a new one? Hopefully that makes sense!

No because profiles are meant for people not businesses, Facebook would not allow it as technically they are not meant for businesses.

I have a friend page as a buisness page, dont see the problem. If facebook delete it, ill just make a new one! I have all my clients phone numbers anyway. Im not doing anyone any harm anyway. And the amount of sick videos and pictures on facebook they should concentrate on getting rid of them a d peadophiles first rather than my little hair page :)

I'm on Facebook under a pseudonym simply to run my business page. I think a business page looks more professional and clients interact differently with it.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also, if you have a business page, a client who doesn't use fb can see everything on it - you don't have privacy controls like you do with a personal page. I have a lot of older clients who aren't on fb but will have a look at offers etc. I've also just added an online booking link to my Facebook page. I don't think this would have been an option with a personal page.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I set up my business page (non beauty) I considered how it came across to potential clients. I asked friends and customers and the general concensus was that not only does it look more professional but your customers feel that they are dealing with a professional and will receive a professional service. Personal pages although they may seem to have some advantages also come with problems, customers tend not to take you seriously as a business, you seem to get more time wasters, people also tend to see you as 'doing it on the side' so to speak and not offering a professional service as such.
I am not suggesting that anyone that uses a personal page is like that at all, but when I asked they were the views that I got from people xxx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I set up my business page (non beauty) I considered how it came across to potential clients. I asked friends and customers and the general concensus was that not only does it look more professional but your customers feel that they are dealing with a professional and will receive a professional service. Personal pages although they may seem to have some advantages also come with problems, customers tend not to take you seriously as a business, you seem to get more time wasters, people also tend to see you as 'doing it on the side' so to speak and not offering a professional service as such.
I am not suggesting that anyone that uses a personal page is like that at all, but when I asked they were the views that I got from people xxx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

See i totally disagree, i think 70% of my new clients were from facebook when i went mobile, and have stayed with me. Noone misses my posts like they do with business pages, i can inbox people, everyone can see my photos, and write on my wall when ive done their hair so people can see. But each to their own. X

See i totally disagree, i think 70% of my new clients were from facebook when i went mobile, and have stayed with me. Noone misses my posts like they do with business pages, i can inbox people, everyone can see my photos, and write on my wall when ive done their hair so people can see. But each to their own. X

See these are the reasons I'm thinking of doing a profile! Although a page looks more professional it feels like it's set up to hold you back! Posts are hidden, you can't interact with clients a lot, can't msg, lots of profile pop offers on FB selling sights. A page can't do any of these xx

When I tried it said "Aphrodite" is not a real name! Yes it bloomin is! I have three friends in Greece called Aphrodite lol x

Sent from the catphone

Latest posts

Back