Facebook business page problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmolly226

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with their Facebook business page?
I found in the past that my first post was seen by 2000 people, my second by 1500, my third by 1000 and went down until maybe only 50 people see the posts so I stopped using it and just used a normal personal page.
I want to go back to the business page as I hate Facebook and seeing all the tripe some folk post But I feel like so many more people see my posts on my personal page! And I don’t want to risk having a Facebook ban for using my personal page for business. I had also had a few clients ask me if I had deleted my page as they went to look for me and my page wasn’t coming up in the search until they went to some far corner of Facebook somewhere.
Any ideas why this is? I know Facebook encourage you to pay to promote posts on their business page, and I don’t mind having to do that now and again but surely not every post?
Any tips on keeping my business page in the public eye would be appreciated

Yes, I'd be interested to know this also as I have noticed the same.
One client said she doesn't seem to get my posts (on my business page) automatically anymore even though she has joined the page.
What have they changed?

Yes, I'd be interested to know this also as I have noticed the same.
One client said she doesn't seem to get my posts (on my business page) automatically anymore even though she has joined the page.
What have they changed?
I haven’t used my page for a couple of years now and want to go back. What’s the point of a business page if no one see’s it? Even if they charged maybe £5 a month to use it for business would be ok!

Facebook changed their algorithm so they show people stuff based on popularity and various other factors. It's hard to get posts seen by pages because users moaned they were seeing too many posts/ads from businesses when it's primarily meant to be a social network for friends and family.

One of the few agreeable things digital marketers made a consensus on is that the internet has too much content. So much so that Google, Facebook, Twitter etc. etc. have to be selective on what to show what users and businesses will happily pay up to a lot of money for a slice of the user's attention.

£5/mo doesn't even touch what people spend in advertising so it would be detrimental to their advertising model.

Facebook changed their algorithm so they show people stuff based on popularity and various other factors. It's hard to get posts seen by pages because users moaned they were seeing too many posts/ads from businesses when it's primarily meant to be a social network for friends and family.

One of the few agreeable things digital marketers made a consensus on is that the internet has too much content. So much so that Google, Facebook, Twitter etc. etc. have to be selective on what to show what users and businesses will happily pay up to a lot of money for a slice of the user's attention.

£5/mo doesn't even touch what people spend in advertising so it would be detrimental to their advertising model.[/QUOTE
Apologies for late reply, I started to reply days ago then got distracted! Yeah I understand that about Facebook. So it’s really just a case of trying to make sure everyone keeps liking your posts really? What about Instagram? Is that the same?

We work really hard on engagement to keep our posts being seen. Using the business manager is a good idea as it signals to Facebook that you are operating as a business. I feel they run on a system that builds recognition for your page with all the components playing a role.
Your payment history, ad approval, consistent posting, image and copy quality. Landing page congruency plus others like engagement.
Paying to play definitely pays off in my business

Latest posts

Back