Cafe special!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MizzBehaviour

Reaction score
Hi Geeks I work in a cafe and am looking to do something a little different to all the other local cafe's....not sure what ... Maybe a special sandwich. Any ideas ? :) xx

Made to order lunchboxes! Sandwich, snack & drink in a branded brown takeaway bag, I'd buy one! Could expand into picnics in the summer if it's situated near a touristy spot or a big park :) x

Just had another little idea, it's similar to the other but if you're in a CBD/commercial area you could put together 'desk-top lunches' for people working in the area that can pick them up on the way to work, similar to those Graze Box things or Boots 'meal deals' but a proper lunch, not just snacks. We all know how we put lunch on the backburner when we don't have time or just can't be bothered, people will pay a little extra simply for the convenience. Think of a nifty little name to stamp on the paper bag, include seasonal, fresh ingredients which are going to provide sustenance for people at work. A lovely summer salad (simple ingredients, lettuce, rocket cherry tomato, cucumber, croutons & dressing) in a box like this, with some crudités, yoghurt w/ granola or something like flapjack & a smoothie/juice/water, I'd pay about £5-£6 for that. Obviously you'd have to investigate your target market when it comes down to the variation of things you could put in them but this could be a real money earner for you :) can you tell stuff like this excites me? If you say you want to do something 'different' you really have to push the boat out haha x

Last edited:
I love the box ideas, and... You will
Beat the bag levy that will be starting soon.
You could do a workday pack with poridge (hot) and a lunch that can be eaten cold like salmon, salad sandwiches etc... So someone can have a full working days food in one box.
If your near a picnic area, BBQ to go. A disposable BBQ, food to just heat on it, some cans/bottle of pop and maybe a small bottle of pre mixed pims for the summer. Not everyone has the time to sort out a small BBQ for a day out or just thinks its a nice dinner some day and buy it on a whim.

Meal on bread. Make normal meal fillings, like fish chips and mush. Then put some on bread and put it in the toasty maker. Or even baguette with fish one side, chips the other and a small bit of mush over it all. Xoxo

You could do a workday pack with poridge (hot)

YES! Just saw a porridge company on Dragon's Den & was going to mention that you could include this too! x

YES! Just saw a porridge company on Dragon's Den & was going to mention that you could include this too! x

Grr the dragons beat me to it xoxo

Haha they didn't get an investment! There's still a chance :p

Lots if good ideas thanks girls! What's the bag levy?? I missed dragons den but think I will check that out on catch up! Xx

What about theme day specials, lots of offices and businesses have 'fish & chip Friday's ' you could have banger and mash Monday, toastie Tuesday and so on as a special on top of your normal menu.

Lots if good ideas thanks girls! What's the bag levy?? I missed dragons den but think I will check that out on catch up! Xx

In Wales for any bag that is reusable we have to pay 5p. Even McDonald bags.
Its quite confusing, but McDonald's chips put in a bag... Free bag as the chips aren't in their own container, burger in a box in a bag, 5p charge, put chips and burger in box and still a charge as it still had packaged goods in it.
So if you sold a sandwich, put in a plastic holder they would pay, if it were put in loose (who would as it would fall everywhere) it would be free. If you added crisps or a drink, its charged unless the crisps weren't bagged and just thrown in.
Xoxo

Kids packed lunches!!

School dinners are £2 a day, if you could get a decent, healthy lunch together for the same or even slightly under you'd be laughing.

Latest posts

Back