Callus Peel – Is there a prep to make it go through more layers of skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozenja

Reaction score
I have a client with a lot of dry skin on her feet, so I am just wondering if you would leave the peel on for longer (I normally do max of 20mins) and possibly buff first as well as after? Does anyone have any tips?

My experience is callus peel used as directed will remove enough of the dead built up skin (keeping in mind it does serve a purpose) for a dramatic effect, even on the worst feet.

I would incorporate into spa pedi for even better overall results, and tell the client she needs to come back to for regular treatments for ongoing, improved results.

My experience is callus peel used as directed will remove enough of the dead built up skin (keeping in mind it does serve a purpose) for a dramatic effect, even on the worst feet.

I would incorporate into spa pedi for even better overall results, and tell the client she needs to come back to for regular treatments for ongoing, improved results.
Stacey is right

Smoot, don't remove!

A callus is the body's way of protecting against external force and pressure. If you remove it all at once then it will reform thicker and faster as obviously (to your body at least) it didn't protect well enough...

However if you remove it slowly through regular pedicures and smoothing (combined) with good moisturising they will not reform...

Hth's

Thanks guys. She herself said she didnt expect miracles. Her feet were deeply cracked so homecare was a must for her anyway. She did say that she doesnt like to do home care, so will properly remain with dry feet!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back