Callus peel and diabetic client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nishi85

Reaction score
Hi all as the title reads I've got a type 1 diabetic client requesting a callus peel. Can callus peel be used on this client?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I think diabetics and feet are a no go area you still have to remove the skin.Your insurance would be unlikely to cover you but ring and ask I think it will definately be a no though.

Hiya,
I think in the literature I received with my starter pack it said that the product wasn't suitable for diabetics xxx

I wouldn't advise working on a diabetic's feet at all I'm afraid. They really should be seeing a chiropodist on a regular basis for their footcare needs. It is inadvisable to even cut toenails on diabetic clients. Some of the main symptoms of diabetes include poor healing, poor circulation, and diminished tactile sensation, add those together and it is a recipe for disaster!

J

Hi guys. I thought as much. I've notified the client. She has a regular pedicure (Dr okayed this ) don't use any metal implements or cut nails.

Thanks for your help xx

Latest posts

Back