Callus peel help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty bits

Reaction score
Hi anyone experienced with this, I've been having a few problems and am new to callus peel.

Firstly is it ok to soak the scraper in baracade or will it crack or cause discolouration?

And secondly I was really disappointed. I trialled it on a friend last night and when it came to buffing the foot (I wiped away residue first) I couldn't get anything off. The file wasn't getting blocked or anything but nothing was coming away if you know what I mean, normally in a normal pedicure at that stage the skin rolls off nicely. Am I doing something wrong or is it supposed to be like this?
Thanks in advance x

Just a little bump x

Hi,
I find the peels work best (see lots on the scrapper) the worse the foot is with dry, thick, skin, however if the heels are just cracked but not too rough, not a lot tends to come away. Hope that makes sense.
I use barbicide on the scrapper too, with no problems, just keep an eye on the time.

Oh, one more thing, I don't really rate the foot file replaceable "pads" that comes with the pack, the grit is too low & doesn't really smooth that much I find.

Thank you for the reply :) Do you use a different foot file to smooth? X

Hi Beauty Bits,

You could consider MAVEX Calluspeeling®, which is an approved Medical Device, Class 1. This means it has gone through a rigorous testing regime to ensure the results are as claimed.

Have a look at our website www.mavexsa.com or feel free to call us on 07854 237903 or email [email protected] with any questions.

Kind regards,
Alison

Thank you for the reply :) Do you use a different foot file to smooth? X
Hi Beauty Bits

Sorry for not replying to you much earlier, but we have been SO busy over the Summer period selling Callus Peel products! You sometimes find that when a customer doesn't have as much calluses on their feet, not much will come off with filing but the product is still working on the foot. As the lady who responded to you said, the worse the foot the more dead skin will come off. We have actually introduced much better Foot File Replacement Pads as the ones that come in the Starter Kit supplied by our supplier are not so good. When you re-order, say a Duo Pack, it will have the coarser Replacement Pads included in it.

Also, just for the record, our product is an approved Medical Device and we have been selling Callus Peel for over 8 years.

If you ever have any queries with regard to our products and carrying out the treatment, do not hesitate to ring the office on 01204 317043 or email us on [email protected], we are always here to help.

Regards
Christine
Director of Beauty Select

Latest posts

Back