Can anyone explain what happens when..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T&G Jones

Reaction score
Hey guys doing yet more theory for college almost finished one question says explain what happens when you blowdry and set the hair, how would be best to write this as im not very good with mi words :confused:

:Love:

x AMY x

well i would just explain what happens when hair goes from wet state , to dry state :green: ,
have a look in your books hun this will help you loads , it doesnt have to be word perfect as long as your teacher can understand that you know what you are talking about :green:

Ok Thanks [:
So just basically put that when the hair has been set and dried that it is curly etc.. and the fact that if it wascurly before itsprobably sortof in a way renewed them, didn't get any detailed books our training provider is a bit pants tbh. x

x AMY x

Ok Thanks [:
So just basically put that when the hair has been set and dried that it is curly etc.. and the fact that if it wascurly before itsprobably sortof in a way renewed them, didn't get any detailed books our training provider is a bit pants tbh. x

x AMY x

Hi, it is to do with the hydrogen bonds and alpha and beta states , when wet and dry you have to know when it occurs and why , so go google now lol x :hug:

here is a link
Hairdressing: S/NVQ Level 3 - Google Books

i agree with minky basicly when the hair is set or blow-dryed it is tempory state look in your notes and therory book it will explain it better then just put it in your own words good luck.

if i remember rightly, the hair when wet is in its alpha state " normal state" and when the hair is dried around the brush or dried straight it is changed to its beta state " temporary changed state " it will remain in this state untill the hair is wet , then it will change to its alpha state once again. Hope this helps:)

didn't get any detailed books our training provider is a bit pants tbh. x

x AMY x

Erm, isn't it in your best interests to read up as much as possible? If your training provider doesn't provide them you can always buy them yourself, or borrow them from the library.
I'm awash with text books - they're essential!

Hi,

I am also a student and i have just finished all my theory work, my text book was/is a fantastic! I have got so much information from it and its very well explained, it also means you can refer back to it if you need to at a later date if you have one of your own.
The book i have ( which the college i attend recommended we buy ) is S/NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing - 2nd edition Book | Moorman

Hope this helps

Claire x

Latest posts

Back