Can bonded extensions cause hair damage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I'm trained in nanos, la weave and fusion bonds.
I have been thinking about bonded extensions and how you have them in for 3-4 months straight. So by the end of the 3/4 months wouldn't the bonds not be holding onto much hair? As I would of thought by 3-4 months a lot of hair from the strand would of shedded so the bond won't be holding onto as much hair as it did at the start which may lead to hair damage??
I was also trained to re fit nanos and la weave every 6-8 weeks brushing out the shedded trapped hairs so how can you leave bonds for up to you 4 months?
Thanks X

They would quite likely cause damage if left that long. It shouldnt be left that long without maintenance, I recommend maintenance every 4 - 6 weeks. Xx

They would quite likely cause damage if left that long. It shouldnt be left that long without maintenance, I recommend maintenance every 4 - 6 weeks. Xx
You would remove and refit bonds after 4-6 weeks?

You would remove and refit bonds after 4-6 weeks?
I do an hour after 6 weeks then once a month after that. Wouldnt be able to do the whole head in an hour, just the ones that need it.

That way allows my clients to wear hair up to a year. Xx

Latest posts

Back