Can I apply gel colour over a hard gel overlay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren Louise

Reaction score
Hey, so this might seem really strange but I was wondering if after applying a hard gel coat over an extension of I could then go ahead and use a normal gel colour on top?
Once I've blended the extension onto the nail and applied my hard gel should I then go in with the gel basecoat plus two layers of colour and a top coat?
Some people say you can but is it just too many layers and end up really thick?
If anyone has any ideas I would love to have a step by step on how.
How many hard gel layers would you apply before going in with a gel colour?

You can use gel polish over hard gel enhancements, yes. You don't need a basecoat of gel polish before applying the gel polish colour on top of the hard gel. As long as your enhancements aren't bulky but still have the strength, and your gel polish layers are thin, your nails shouldn't end up looking thick x

You can use gel polish over hard gel enhancements, yes. You don't need a basecoat of gel polish before applying the gel polish colour on top of the hard gel. As long as your enhancements aren't bulky but still have the strength, and your gel polish layers are thin, your nails shouldn't end up looking thick x
Ah great thank you so much for your help x

Latest posts

Back