Can I convert my garage into a hair salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aoc123

Reaction score
Hi All!

I have a detached house with a integral garage which has plenty of space to convert inti my own salon. It has an electric roller shutter door and my partner is an industrial glazier so putting a shop front behind the door would be a problem. I am just after some advise as to if I can legally do this, we live it quite a nice area, my house is set back a good 20ft from the main road but I can possibly seem a few neighbours been against this.... Do I need to notify the council? If so of what? Would I be allowed to have a shop front etc, I have a drive way big enough for 3 customers at a time so parking on the street wouldn't be causing a problem and a hair salon is not noisy so I can't see them been able to complain about noise, just a little scared, don't want to do it with out going through the right channels and end up in trouble, all and any advise is welcomed! Many thanks in advance.... Soph x

Talk to your council as it's change of use and you might need separate water elec and gas as it's of business use but they will tell you everything you need

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Surely I don't need to get a new water/electric input to my garage? Do I?

Maybe I don't know but as it's a change of use and not part of the house then the gas/elec/water may view it as a shop and want business rates

No part of the main house*

It is part of the main house, it is an integral garage....

It is part of the main house, it is an integral garage....

Easiest thing you can do is contact your council as every council is completely different!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back